IGNORED

Bar end weights stuck!!

I am trying to remove the clip ons and fit some standard Renthal bars to improve the comfort a bit for my dodgy back, but I cant seem to remove the bar end weights.

I have sprayed loads of WD40 in there and left to soak for a bit - but no matter how much force I put on the allen key screw it wont budge. Nearly snapped the damn thing off. I was holding the bar end with pipe grips with a bit of rubber to stop the damage (didnt really work!). Im guessing the thing is corroded to hell inside the bar as its not been moved for 20 years.

Has anyone got any good tips before i take a hacksaw to it.

Many thanks,

Mark.

If you're replacing the clip-ons with bars, why even take them apart? just remove them from the fork legs as an assembly?

Remove the clip on tube from the fork clamp then the throttle tube will slide off the other end, best to get some bar ends to fit your renthals 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Steve S said:

Remove the clip on tube from the fork clamp then the throttle tube will slide off the other end, best to get some bar ends to fit your renthals 

Good idea - why the he'll didn't I think of that. Doh!

Thanks.