What's a 2001 Sport worth

fotoguzzi

I might have a line on a 01 Sport, not till end of April but want to know now what it's worth. Low miles all stock I think. Black.

what would be a good price? Thanks. Brad

$11,999US

OH! Wait, wait . . . that's what I paid for mine new . . . :mg:

(Can you come up with some more details? Actual miles/ stored how/ any maintenance/any modifications/ etc . . .?)

If a pristine, well-cared-for Nero/Rosso Corsa or Coppa Italia is worth $7500-8000US (and I believe they are), an original, unmolested (but cared for) early RedFrame Sport should be pushing 4000-4500. Maybe even 5000 if it is >perfect< and I loved it at first sight.

Trouble is, just how much Beta testing and neglect these poor old RedFrames have suffered.  :wacko:

I don't feel so much guilt because my one-owner Sport will never be For Sale. And I so much enjoyed molesting her my-own-self . . . :grin::huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was lucky enough to stumble onto a 4500 mile '04 Ballabio with H&B bags/rack, Motobits pegs, Staintunes and a ROPER plate for $4,950. I tried to negotiate but soon came to my senses and said "Yes" , or was it "I Do"? I forget, but it is certainly a marriage of sorts. A commitment for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Father  in law ( RIP) had an antique Art and collectables store in SF for years...When my wife would ask how much something was worth..he would say..its worth whatever its worth to you? How much do you have ? How bad do you want it? I always kind of go by that..How much do I have? and How bad do I want it?..that is really all that matters.

• Like 5

I would say I have seen the very fewest black RedFrame Sports. Who knows if they are actually the rarest? But they are stunning, IMHO. 

This one was on the stage at EICMA 1997 . . . photo from a motorcycle magazine that sunk its teeth into me . . .

DSCN1620.JPG

• Like 3

Docc, I don't have any more info just a fuzzy pic. The owner is well off and down in Florida till late April. He has an RSV and 850t turned into a sweet V7 replica that money was no issue wHen built. He takes care of his stuff but all of them have low miles, I don't know how low. It's said he wants to sell them all in one deal which I probably can't swing so not sure I'll even get the chance to buy. I'm just trying to be prepared when the time comes. So I won't buy this,

https://mankato.craigslist.org/mcy/d/waseca-1979-moto-guzzi-lemans-1000cc/7287672752.html

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Docc, I don't have any more info just a fuzzy pic. The owner is well off and down in Florida till late April. He has an RSV and 850t turned into a sweet V7 replica that money was no issue wHen built. He takes care of his stuff but all of them have low miles, I don't know how low. It's said he wants to sell them all in one deal which I probably can't swing so not sure I'll even get the chance to buy. I'm just trying to be prepared when the time comes. So I won't buy this,

https://mankato.craigslist.org/mcy/d/waseca-1979-moto-guzzi-lemans-1000cc/7287672752.html

Yeah, as swooshdave pointed out, you can probably get the V11 for less . . .

00U0U_6r0UHyjq63iz_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

16 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

I might have a line on a 01 Sport, not till end of April but want to know now what it's worth. Low miles all stock I think. Black.

what would be a good price? Thanks. Brad

one-million-dollars.jpg

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, docc said:

If a pristine, well-cared-for Nero/Rosso Corsa or Coppa Italia is worth $7500-8000US (and I believe they are), an original, unmolested (but cared for) early RedFrame Sport should be pushing 4000-4500. Maybe even 5000 if it is >perfect< and I loved it at first sight.

Trouble is, just how much Beta testing and neglect these poor old RedFrames have suffered.  :wacko:

I don't feel so much guilt because my one-owner Sport will never be For Sale. And I so much enjoyed molesting her my-own-self . . . :grin::huh:

Hey Doc.......... Is it just me or are some of the members starting to use the word UNMOLESTED a little more now?:D

I love that word when describing a pristine well taken care of Goose.......... covers a lot of ground. 

PS.   Good luck Photo on grabbing that one.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Twin AH said:

Hey Doc.......... Is it just me or are some of the members starting to use the word UNMOLESTED a little more now?:D

I love that word when describing a pristine well taken care of Goose.......... covers a lot of ground. 

PS.   Good luck Photo on grabbing that one.  :thumbsup:

Heh, well, if I "had my way with her", and she liked it and stayed for more, is that still "molested?" B)

IF you don't know what to look for ad/or the seller is vague , take a friend / authority with you to be a good third party . my 02/03 had more patina than I wanted , BUT I bought it from another member . I am satisfied with it and ALL the $ I've poured into it . 

I doubt if you will be taken , but be a careful buyer . ASK plenty of ?s and have a  checkoff list . If there is a member in the area , get them to go along .

Is this bike perfect ? Hell no . you will be busy with it and you will be satisfied with a damn good bike !

• Like 1

I've had a couple dozen Guzzi, mostly Tonti but did have a 2002 Lemans so I'm well versed in them, doubt there's another member around my location with more knowledge. Not saying I'm an expert but I think I can asses the bike myself.

IMG_1520-600x450.jpg