Clutch assembly-Ebay UK

Paradiso

Not mine, but might be of some use to a Scura or Tenni owner who wants to replace the original clutch and flywheel. Seems cheap too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see this one which needs springs (they're cheap), and I'm not seeing the intermediate plate in the images (also cheap to replace). No declaration on mileage, but priced right (150£/$210US):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-2002-On-Clutch-Assembly/353110155146?hash=item5237015f8a:g:7KwAAOSwagpgRfaq

And this one that is in California(looks to be in great condition). I have the reardrive from this 14,000 mile Sport bike (also in great condition):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-2000-Sport-Fly-Wheel-and-Clutch-Assembly/163743517580?hash=item261fdfcb8c:g:ilUAAOSwIipdCtQY

FWIW, I recall this US seller was in the middle of moving his household and I know one member who didn't get his parts from him. I would confirm availability before ordering.

• Like 1

It's the £150 one that I meant. The expensive stuff is there. I priced up new parts when I needed to replace mine and it was close to £2000. The flywheel alone was close to £1000 IIRC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paradiso said:

It's the £150 one that I meant. The expensive stuff is there. I priced up new parts when I needed to replace mine and it was close to £2000. The flywheel alone was close to £1000 IIRC.

Why wouldn't you use a new RAM unit at around $750US. Two thousand British pounds is around $3700AUD. I'd part the bike out before I paid that sort of money.

Ciao 

I priced it. I didn't buy it. I got a 2nd hand one myself. As has been discussed in previous posts, the RAM unit wasn't available for the 6 speed-though Scud did manage to source one. It wasn't available for a long while, though it may be now. I think it is possible to make the 5 speed RAM unit fit using the original single flywheel clutch centre and centre 'button' (the part the pushrod contacts). At the time Pete Roper also warned that the RAM unit might wear quickly.

6 minutes ago, Paradiso said:

I priced it. I didn't buy it. I got a 2nd hand one myself. As has been discussed in previous posts, the RAM unit wasn't available for the 6 speed-though Scud did manage to source one. It wasn't available for a long while, though it may be now. I think it is possible to make the 5 speed RAM unit fit using the original single flywheel clutch centre and centre 'button' (the part the pushrod contacts). At the time Pete Roper also warned that RAM unit might wear quickly.

RAM units will fit either bike 5 or 6 speed, the only difference being the gearbox input drive spline. It's my belief you can easily modify the twin plate input spline to suit the 6 speeder single plate anyway. The clutch high wear issue was dealt with years ago and was primarily an issue with the std Guzzi plate. I think from memory Pete had a RAM unit in a race bike that wore quickly but thats a race bike. The modern RAM clutches are now light weigh units with a steel flywheel. After you've used an Alloy RAM clutch it would be hard to go back to the Guzzi twin plate boat anchor for me. Every aspect of engine and gearbox performance is far superior with the lighter clutch.

Ciao

The clutch pushrod on the 6 speed is wider than on the 5 speed. Hence the requirement to use the original button/cup. I rode my Tenni with the single plate and the twin plate. While the 'feel' of the single plate was preferable, there's not a lot in it.

11 minutes ago, Paradiso said:

The clutch pushrod on the 6 speed is wider than on the 5 speed. Hence the requirement to use the original button/cup. I rode my Tenni with the single plate and the twin plate. While the 'feel' of the single plate was preferable, there's not a lot in it.

Turning down the end of the pushrod is a 2 minute job. It's not the feel of engagement I'm interested in it's the better shifting and faster engine response. The Guzzi now feels more "Ducati" in the response to the throttle which is only a better thing. You don't need to roll the throttle anymore during a downshift, just flick it and the engine responds immediately. Makes downshifts far better and also much better on the upshifts as well.

Ciao

• Like 1