T3 955cc Cafe on eBay

po18guy

Always amuses me that the people who want these things always seem to forget that the term is Cafe RACER yet here we are with yet another old T3/G5/SP with a LeMans tank, side panels and a silly seat and it still has the 'orrible 30mm VHB carbs.

No point it walkin' the walk if you can't talk the talk.

Smallvalve roundfins are a lovely thing but a 'Performance' machine they never were. If you want one to GO as well as it SHOWS you better be prepared to spend money and get your hands dirty. That probably isn't the point though is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is apparently much cash chasing the hipster café trend. Consider that most of the US options are either 175-350cc Hondas, or Hardley bobbers. 

Just checked in... that is SOLD to the gentleman with $8,000. And it is a fine looking machine. 

But it sure makes me feel good about spending a lot less to get this last week:

IMG_1427.jpeg

Emphasis on RACER... I can skip the cafe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's the Zard full exhaust. I wrote more details about this bike in the "Show us your Tontis" topic. It's wicked fun and sounds fabulous.

[docc edit]:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pete roper said:

Always amuses me that the people who want these things always seem to forget that the term is Cafe RACER yet here we are with yet another old T3/G5/SP with a LeMans tank, side panels and a silly seat and it still has the 'orrible 30mm VHB....

So, Pete, what would be your carbs of choice for this 850 motor with the big bore kit, assuming that it’s stil the stock small valve heads?
thanks

36mm PHF's with 36mm manifolds matched to the heads works well enough. Throw in a P3 cam and a set of LeMans advance springs for the distributor and it'll wake it up a bit. It'll still be a 45 year old ditchpump with a wheel at each end but at least it can make some pretence at being more than a dunger.

Personally I'd of just left it as a T3/G5. While they won't set the world alight they are comfortable, frugal and charming. They don't have to pretend to be anything other than what they are......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1