Great ride from Oakland Ca North up the Coast to Jenner and Back

KINDOY2

I had a great ride today up the coast to Jenner ( on the Pacific Ocean ) and back..about 220 miles all in all.

Beautiful day and this is a beautiful route once you leave the FWY in San Rafael...on the way up you wind thru Lucas Ranch road and up HWY 1 past Pt.Reyes Station..then at Jenner you cut back east on 116 along the Russian River and thru beautiful Sonoma wine country all the way back to HWY1 

Only thing missing was my Scura as she is still in the middle of restoration...But at least I did have my S4RS which runs awesome!

Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%203.43.3

Screen%20Shot%202021-04-27%20at%203.55.3

• Like 3

That looks like a fun ride. I didn't know there was town called Jenner in California... probably will get some attention given our local political situation and Caitlyn Jenner potentially entering the election.

And no politics... just noticing a name coincidence.

I have ridden bits of that, and especially enjoyed all narrow twisties in Point Reyes. Do you get out the point sometimes? It's so pretty.

• Like 1

nice.  i admit I tried to fire up the v11 after being sorta - non mobile during the pandemic and she was not having it.  

Ordered a new battery but I think it may be fuel related...see how it goes.   its been a year since I took her out and she needs some attention.  

but I am also in oakland if at some point you want to do a ride :)    

• Like 2

Spent 4th July in San Fran and did that drive in a rented Mini Turbo stick.  But stayed the night in an motel on the beach near Ft Bragg, went all the way to Leggett, drove in the tree tunnel, and back through Willets and Clear Lake and 2nd night in Napa.  Then Robert Mondavi winery and back down to Monterrey, next couple days to Big Sur and tourist-ing.   Alice's Rest on the way back.

Memorable trip.  No Bike but about as close.  Mini was a fun runner and had all my luggage.  Early morning flight, saw a midnight movie in San Mateo, dropped of the car and rested in the empty airport.  

Not sure I'd done anything differently.  

still have the Haight Tshirt  

4206A7C4551B419787F11BED8DDE70EA.jpg

I've never understood why anyone backs the bike in a narrow spot while you can ride in and back out into an open space?

• Like 2

That sounds great. I hear the weather’s been pretty nice in the Bay Area.

LowRyter: was Alice’s open? La Honda was my old stompin’ grounds, many many many moons ago. Wonder what that little place is like now?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kane said:

LowRyter: was Alice’s open? La Honda was my old stompin’ grounds, many many many moons ago. Wonder what that little place is like now?

If it was many many..like in the early 70's..when I first went there ,its not the same at all..La Honda its self has very empty..not like in the 70's when I went to the "Boots and Saddles" bar was there and Neal Young used to live behind the building and when he was in town he would come in on Sunday nights, sit at the piano with his little son  and play for a couple hours for free.., Alice's is still a good place for decent food and  a short weekend ride though. Alices is open every day and night ..but getting too $$$$$ for my blood.

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Spent 4th July in San Fran and did that drive in a rented Mini Turbo stick.  But stayed the night in an motel on the beach near Ft Bragg, went all the way to Leggett, drove in the tree tunnel, and back through Willets and Clear Lake and 2nd night in Napa.  Then Robert Mondavi winery and back down to Monterrey, next couple days to Big Sur and tourist-ing.   Alice's Rest on the way back.

Memorable trip.  No Bike but about as close.  Mini was a fun runner and had all my luggage.  Early morning flight, saw a midnight movie in San Mateo, dropped of the car and rested in the empty airport.  

I've never understood why anyone backs the bike in a narrow spot while you can ride in and back out into an open space?

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Nice trip..I used to ride all those places when I was college age in SF and a little beyond that time..I moved to L.A.  for work and then to Hawaii, been back here in the Bay area for 10 years now. My wife grew up in the Haight in the 60's.

Those Mini's are nice..I've thought maybe that is what I'll get when my 2 wheel days are over..if they still allow us to drive gas powered vehicles.

:bier:

• Like 2

Yeah, Boots and Saddles, and Apple Jacks, too. That’s funny that you mention Neil coming in at his whim and playing. This was happening back in the 70’s, too, as I remember some people I knew who used to play there complaining that Neil would roll in unannounced and basically kick them off so he could play. A lot of my youthful recreational time was spent running around the Skyline, La Honda, Windy Hill area, parties, communes, the good old days. I imagine the plastic wrapped geodesic domes have been replaced with well-manicured over-priced homes. Kids today don’t know what they’re missing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scud said:

That looks like a fun ride. I didn't know there was town called Jenner in California... probably will get some attention given our local political situation and Caitlyn Jenner potentially entering the election.

And no politics... just noticing a name coincidence.

I have ridden bits of that, and especially enjoyed all narrow twisties in Point Reyes. Do you get out the point sometimes? It's so pretty.

I take my family out there to the actual point every couple of years, their is no place like it..beautiful, almost other worldly at certain times of the year...and yes..Some great riding around there !:bike:

15 hours ago, Kane said:

Oh so sorry.  I was just relaying  a trip I made several years ago on the 4th of July.  Yes, I did have dinner at Alice's.  The little Mini was a fun drive. 

I live in Okla City.  

• Like 1

the black beauty lives!  I found the faulty connector!  

Thinking maybe head south down to Monterey or something.. never really go down that way.  

23 minutes ago, jetboy said:

Thinking maybe head south down to Monterey or something.. never really go down that way.  

After I get the Scura together, probably another month, maybe we can get together for a ride...Enjoy!

1 hour ago, jetboy said:

Pray tell? :luigi: Which connector are we looking for?

47 minutes ago, docc said:

Pray tell? :luigi: Which connector are we looking for?

heh.  right side under the tank maybe 3/4 the way toward the front, heading toward the ignition coils (but I am not sure it gets to them or just is that direction): large connector with a wire clip that must be compressed for it to be disconnected but mine was not properly seated.  Its NOT super easy to get seated, took me a bit to make sure it was secure.  

sorry I have no name for it.  I was just checking every connector I could find and not paying much attention to function.  

• Thanks 1