Another battery thread

Guzzimax

2 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

Until the "battery brains trust" makes a comment, I'd like to share my opinion.

Full Spectrum Power claim " lightest weight; highest cranking power; most capacity; smallest size". They don't specify their lithium cell chemistry, so it probably uses the high performing but dangerous polymer technology. It wouldn't be fun sitting on a battery fire.

I use a Shorai LFX21L6-BS12 on my V11, and plug in the dedicated Shorai balance charger BMS01 a couple of times a year. It is a LIFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) type, which doesn't hold the most power, but is the safest chemistry.

Comparison of lithium cell chemistry here: Safety of Lithium-Ion batteries - PowerTech Systems

Shorai Battery Finder | Shorai Power (litema.com.au)

What you need to know about lithium motorcycle batteries : FastBikeGear, Importers and Distributors of Motorcycle Accessories  

I'll have a refresh with the information you've provided, thanks. I was just recently reading/skimming a Lithium battery thread on a German forum and was noting the compatibility or otherwise of LI batteries with some motorcycle charging systems and this battery interested me in that it includes it's own controller which I think most quality ones do but it looked like it was designed to accommodate a wider variety of chargers and charging systems. 

Ciao

18 hours ago, p6x said:

I did not even notice his post. Spammer or Troll?

Spammer.

You can see his post in mine, I quoted him and asked what Guzzi he owns.

He had included a link to somewhere in his post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1