Coppa up for auction

Randy

I thought this might be the same V11 that just sold for $9,946US on bringatrailer, but no!

Is there a way to see what it sells for?

7 hours ago, Kane said:

Oh Momma!

Randy, is that your bike?!?!

Not mine, my Coppa isn't going anywhere until I pass away even if I can only sit there and look at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, docc said:

I thought this might be the same V11 that just sold for $9,946US on bringatrailer, but no!

Is there a way to see what it sells for?

I'm assuming we can find out on the site after it sells. It seems to have some after-market tweaks that I don't really care for and could hurt the value.

Not necessarily a bad thing that it has a Speedhut GPS speedometer, but not good for collector value. 

Mecum is a pretty classy venue  for a V11. Perhaps it will outsell the BaT Coppa Italia!

5 hours ago, Dave Swanson said:

Sold for 14.3K. 

:o

• Like 1

Why is there a hose from the two throttle body balance connection points like they are joined together?? Is this some sort of modification?

3 minutes ago, NicoNZ said:

Why is there a hose from the two throttle body balance connection points like they are joined together?? Is this some sort of modification?

Interesting question!

Not sure about the rest of the world, but US spec V11 were sold with an "evaporative fuel recovery system." Vacuum lines were connected from the intake vacuum taps to two charcoal canisters parked in the tool tray under the seat. (The tool roll was shoved into the Monkey Paw Trap in the tail section. :bbblll: )

The canisters were, then, vented through two 1/2" double-wall USA-made fuel lines to below the back of the gearbox.

The entire apparatus involves the two charcoal canisters and twenty feet (Yes, 20 feet!) of half-inch US fuel line.  The total mess weighs an impressive five pounds (a whopping one percent of the V11!) :whistle:

So, very common to see this mess removed and either the vacuum taps capped or just connected together.

Does five pounds matter? Heh, well try to lose 5 pounds/11 kg and see how it works out. Too much Crême Brulée for me to skip. I'd rather ditch extra crap-add on the V11.  :bier:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1