Unbolt Frame Plate?

Purloined

Unfortunately, the part number changes with the color, even if the part is dimensioned the same. Perhaps someone with both a Centauro and a V11 can compare the offset, especially on the right . . .

I would think it likely the 1100 Sport-i sideplates are the same as the Centauro. So, there may be someone who can compare those to the V11.)

3 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

While on the subject of these frame plates,

What is the fastening torque for the bottom large 18mm nuts, that hold the bottom of the frame plate to the frame cross member behind the transmission?

I've been struggling to adapt my Becker Technik work stand from my Griso so it will work on my V11; I finally cut down some large deep well 18mm sockets and have fastened them to the BT stand and it looks like it will work, but the sockets are fixed tightly on the BT stand and don't rotate, I need something to rotate in order to use it.

My game plan is to loosen the large 18mm nuts 1 turn, so the nuts will spin slightly as the sockets and stand swing into position and lift the bike up; but that means that each time I use the stand I will have to re torque those large frame plate 18mm nuts, curious if anyone knows off the top of their head what that spec is?

I may have it buried in manuals someplace I haven't gone searching yet.

Tia

After going through the manuals, I "think" I've found the right spec listed as 78 NM, can anyone in the know confirm, does that sound about right?

tia

4 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

After going through the manuals, I "think" I've found the right spec listed as 78 NM, can anyone in the know confirm, does that sound about right?

tia

So, I keep looking, but am not finding a specification for the "Threaded Pin" that is nutted from each side at the bottom of the frame side plates through the back/bottom of the gearbox. The Threaded Pin looks to be 12mm, but the manual doesn't list a standard torque for fasteners above 10mm.

Where did you find the 78NM value, @80CX100?

• Like 1

That works out to approximately 58 ftlbs... looking at standard torque charts, that’s in the ballpark. I didn’t bother doing that. I went by feel and a dab of medium lock tite on those bolts when switching plates.

I would say that I don’t think those 18mm nuts were designed to be loosened & tightened back up regularly.

Have you seen this?:

Griso Shop Stand Mk I

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

So, I keep looking, but am not finding a specification for the "Threaded Pin" that is nutted from each side at the bottom of the frame side plates through the back/bottom of the gearbox. The Threaded Pin looks to be 12mm, but the manual doesn't list a standard torque for fasteners above 10mm.

Where did you find the 78NM value, @80CX100?

It actually wasn't from a manual (the manuals I'm looking at don't have a value).

It was actually from a list of torque values from various sources compiled and posted by Raz on 31Dec2018.

He has the       Side Plate rod beneath the swingarm @ 49 nm

Side Plate lowest/frame to gearbox @ 78 nm 

In his included chart of standard values for 12 mm he has @ 80 nm 

• Thanks 1

Raz was always been a reliable poster.  :thumbsup:

The charts I was looking at were based on thread pitch (and hardness). I doubt that Threaded Pin is more than 8.8 hardness, and not the finest pitch. So, I'm seeing 79 Nm for a 1.75 pitch.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, Mikko said:

That works out to approximately 58 ftlbs... looking at standard torque charts, that’s in the ballpark. I didn’t bother doing that. I went by feel and a dab of medium lock tite on those bolts when switching plates.

I would say that I don’t think those 18mm nuts were designed to be loosened & tightened back up regularly.

Have you seen this?:

Griso Shop Stand Mk I

I saw that post back when Roy made up that stand.

I realize that the spine frame is fastened together and loosening the fastenings on a regular basis isn't ideal, that's why I wanted to confirm the correct value.

I'm hoping I come up with a better method for getting both wheels off the ground; my scissor jack under the sump for the front wheel is great, but this Becker Technik I got included in a bike deal, for the back wheel  is not bad but it's not perfect, still working out the nuances of working around this spine frame. fwiw.

• Like 1