Metal fuel tank by Motea (V11 Sport)

Bbennett

5 hours ago, Bbennett said:

Has anyone here got experience with these tanks?  I have never seen these before.

https://www.motea.com/en/cafe-racer-tank-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-scura-10ltr-1960s-by-craftride-silver-159706-0

Thank you

Read the add details, it's UNIVERSAL tank NOT a specific V11 tank.

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Hey Bbennett
One experience you should absolutely try first...

Only fill your existing tank by 10 L consecutively for a minimum of 6 stops for gas.

If you find you actually prefer that more than filling up 3 times... well then, you’re good to go so just go ahead and drop the hammer on the Benelli lookalike - seems a reasonable price.

I like big tanks simply for the range aspect. Agree a lot of smaller tanks do look pretty good - but I’m yet to see a 21 L capacity tank that is much better looking than the V11’s - even those early versions that seem to have attached some sort of pouch on top for a sanitary pad.

• Like 1

Living in California, the land of ethanol and sundry corn products, I would love to have a metal tank on my bike. But 10L, I dunno. My bike seems to chug down the Cali gas pretty quick. With 10L I would have to gas up each day to go to and from work, like my friend has to on his Mike Hailwood Ducati. The range is already a bit limited—or perfect for forced breaks—as it is.