27 minutes ago, docc said:

That looks really relaxing and enjoyable! :bier:

Yes docc, fifty ripping HP and the best shifting motorcycle gearbox ever made. Sounds like a Ducati with the 270 degree crank and is silky smooth with the balance shaft. 

Ciao 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Did your wife get a new motorcycle?

In a manner of speaking. It's our sensible, comfortable, practical bike for trips to the local Cafes, restaurants and wineries. She doesn't ride herself but likes getting on the pillion.

Ciao  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, docc said:

That looks really relaxing and enjoyable! :bier:

Hey Phil congrats on the new bike, very sweet classic lines, I know you've been thinking about it, glad to see you pull the trigger..

When I first got my California Vintage, I was throwing it around back country curves, it was disappointing.

Other than change shock settings, the only thing I changed was my mindset and I began riding it for the relaxing and enjoyable bike that it is. It's my favorite old dependable ride in the herd now, like a comfortable pair of slippers.

Wishing you many safe miles, on your new relaxing and enjoyable ride :thumbsup: :rasta:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

Hey Phil congrats on the new bike, very sweet classic lines, I know you've been thinking about it, glad to see you pull the trigger..

When I first got my California Vintage, I was throwing it around back country curves, it was disappointing.

Other than change shock settings, the only thing I changed was my mindset and I began riding it for the relaxing and enjoyable bike that it is. It's my favorite old dependable ride in the herd now, like a comfortable pair of slippers.

Wishing you many safe miles, on your new relaxing and enjoyable ride :thumbsup: :rasta:

Thanks for the kind thoughts. You're right about the mindset, most everything I have is designed to go fast and that's fine but when I want to just go out for a short ride with my wife to brunch or a quiet coffee I don't need or want that. Riding gear is another area I need to review as well for these times. Race type clothing and protection is what I've always worn but for the urban casual stuff there are now more relaxed yet still protective options. It's about just being able to jump on the bike with a minimum of fuss and go for ride. No hurry, no stress, no worries:)

Ciao     

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Chuck said:

RE has it going on. If I were in the market..

It's an amazing motorcycle for the money Chuck. The areas where they have obviously gone for the utilitarian to keep the costs down are the stuff that's relatively easy and cheap to upgrade, like the levers, handlebars, tyres, indicators, mirrors etc. The kind of stuff most people customise anyway. A nice set of open mufflers will give it the Ducati sound at some point.

Ciao 

That looks really good mate!

I've got a good mate over in Perth that keeps going on about getting back into bikes with one of these!!

Wouldn't mind one myself for  meandering round the English style backroads out here!

Reckon it would be about perfect for that with a nice set of pipes as you  mention.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers Guzzler 

8 minutes ago, guzzler said:

That looks really good mate!

I've got a good mate over in Perth that keeps going on about getting back into bikes with one of these!!

Wouldn't mind one myself for  meandering round the English style backroads out here!

Reckon it would be about perfect for that with a nice set of pipes as you  mention.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers Guzzler 

Yep, it's perfect for all those applications, esp for your getting back into riding.

Ciao

Not sure docc I haven't ridden one but at something like less than 2/3 the price of the Guzzi and a much simpler device it has its advantages. Another factor is the cost of parts. Don't like the colour of the tank you chose? It's a $450 au ( $300usd) problem cause that's what a new painted tank costs. Same for everything, handlebars switch gear footpegs seats, all dirt cheap compared to what we are typically used to paying esp for Italian parts. It's the first bike I've ever comprehensively insured at $318aud /year full replacement for 2 years for a new bike. 3 years unlimited klm warranty and 3 years road side assist from the manufacturer as well. Bargain, plus it looks way better than a V7111 for my tastes as well. I spent 3 months trying to convince a good mate to sell his Ducati 750 Sport (2002) to buy one and ended up convincing myself instead, LOL. 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1