Replacement battery for V11 sport

Buttaknife

Hi everyone  

Just took the V11 Sport (2003)out of storage and need a new battery. The mechanic is recommending the YUASA 53030 Li ion...for @$500...is this correct? Says due to limited space available...is there a cheaper option? Thanks.

There sure is, shop around you can get about 3 compatible batteries for $500.. what's your mechanics Mark up?

oddesey 545 comes to mind.

take the old battery to batteries plus or someplace like that and compare.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buttaknife said:

Odyssey PC545 seems too large for the battery area under the seat. Am I mistaken?

It's identical to the "Spark 500" the V11 were delivered with. It lies on its side with the terminals facing rearward.

IMG_3348.jpg

Just dropped an Odyssey PC545 into my 1999 Greenie, as has been said before they are an identical size to the Spark 500, a perfect “snug” fit

758308B3-4C53-4A40-ACCB-9DA140298859.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like your seat pan is sitting a bit hard on your battery, @Guzzimax. I had to round a sharp corner on mine to save the battery strap.  Also, the front of the battery basket can be mounted under the subframe to make clearance.

Until I decide to replace it with another Odyssey or a Yuasa AGM, the Motobatt has gone into my LeMans, it’s somewhat smaller that the Odyssey I’m not yet convinced to go down the Lithium route

AFE3746C-F65E-4BED-81A5-4F7312F51D2A.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice docc, I think that’s because I’ve just changed out the Motobatt for the Odessey and the Motobatt is slightly deeper so the seat was contacting the battery strap. I’ll take the Motobatt out of the LeMans when it gets back in the road and find a replacement. You can see the Motobatt is narrower than the Odessey. Good point about lowering the battery cage

9FB043B2-3A0C-4E41-9052-CB4EE758B84E.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kane said:

What model Yuasa AGM would be best?

That would be the YTX15L-BS. Just strapped one in my V11. Chaparral and Avid Cycles sell them for about $80.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi to all,

Concerning lithium batteries i asked my whole sale supplier why he was not stocking any of them.

His reply was : i dont want to deal with all the waranty claims!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, docc said:

Looks like your seat pan is sitting a bit hard on your battery, @Guzzimax. I had to round a sharp corner on mine to save the battery strap.  Also, the front of the battery basket can be mounted under the subframe to make clearance.

Hey Doc, how much do you gain by that, about 1/4 inch? Can you add spacers to lower even more? After your observation I checked my strap and sure enough it's wearing by the front