Debris blown out of mufflers on first start this year, funny but true

Life happened and haven't ridden the 04 V11 Lemans since last October.  Fired it up last night and it ran perfectly with big fan for cooling on it. Was walking back behind it and noticed a lot of debris on the garage floor.  Looked closely and it was sunflower seeds blown all over the floor. Swept up after running the bike and thought, what the heck, let's fire up the old 86 Lemans just for grins since I can't remember when I last ran it.  Took some coaxing but it finally came to life and sounded great.  Lo and behold scattered all behind it was a bunch of dog food.  Creative mice must have been storing the seeds and dog food in the mufflers!.  Will have to get a metal storage container to store the bird seed and dog food in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A female cat .  They are mousers .

The only things Toms do is mark territory & hump female cats . BTW , they don't pull out .  

Sticky traps are the most effective , but they catch EVERYTHING

Edited by gstallons
not enough info .
  • Like 3

I keep a couple of live traps in the garage, baited with chocolate. I like the bucket trap! What a great idea. We have a female cat who brings home various parts of rats, gophers and birds just about every day. I don’t like to see the birds, but have no pity for the rodents. When we moved in here—and old lathe and plaster house—rats were running around inside the walls every night. After a couple of weeks the cats put an end to that. Living on an orchard property, I always keep a female cat around (sometimes two) . They are evolutionarily perfected hunters, and sweet pets, too.

• Like 3

Hey guys, appreciate all the understanding and suggestions to mediate the critter problems.  Have had 4 female cats as suggested and yes they were relentless varmint catchers.  Laid their trophies at the door between the garage and house everyday.  Unfortunately for them, the food chain here was their demise as coyotes readily eat cats and there are a lot of coyotes here.  Will grab some mouse traps next trip in to town.  Did find where the mice are coming in, one of roll up doors has about 2 inches of the rubber seal across the bottom chewed away.

• Thanks 1

one of roll up doors has about 2 inches of the rubber seal across the bottom chewed away.

I got tired of replacing that stuff, and just set an unbaited mouse trap in front of the hole. The ones with big yellow pads..

I hate meeces.

• Haha 1