How to get your Veglia / ITI/hUR Instruments repaired and calibrated (at the time of posting 2021)

p6x

Arizona used to do emissions testing on motorcycles. As a fan of BMW Airheads, and having MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome), it used to be a major pain in the butt getting the annual emissions check.  The emissions people, being more used to Harleys, would put the box fan on the right 45 degree of the bike for cooling.  I discovered that with the boxer engine, I could get the technicians to put the fan straight on facing the bike off the front wheel.  That blew enough clean air into the sensor tubes, to get me passed.

One of the best days of my life was when the state legislature dropped the emissions test requirement.  And they also put in an option for a 5 year registration.  Life is good.

BTW, the V11 came into my life after all of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Arizona used to do emissions testing on motorcycles. As a fan of BMW Airheads, and having MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome), it used to be a major pain in the butt getting the annual emissions check.  The emissions people, being more used to Harleys, would put the box fan on the right 45 degree of the bike for cooling.  I discovered that with the boxer engine, I could get the technicians to put the fan straight on facing the bike off the front wheel.  That blew enough clean air into the sensor tubes, to get me passed.

One of the best days of my life was when the state legislature dropped the emissions test requirement.  And they also put in an option for a 5 year registration.  Life is good.

BTW, the V11 came into my life after all of this.

In Europe, your vehicle is supposed to be in compliance according of its year of certification. I believe it is the same here in Texas.

My 2004 V11 must satisfy to whatever emissions regulation Texas enacted in 2004. I think don't know if there are any, but I have so far never had an issue.

To make the V11 EURO 3 compliant, EURO 3 issued in 2000, Guzzi played with the injection map to pass the emission test.

When EURO 4 directives were published, January 2005, for January 2006 certification, Moto Guzzi stopped the V11 line. I think people said it would have been too costly to make the V11 compliant to EURO 3.

But then they came up with the 1200 4 valves.

Just caught this thread, but my 2 cents on the IT odometer based on my experience as the original owner of my 03 Rosso Corsa is that they were pretty much crap from onset.  The miles never really accumulated correctly from the get go, but the trip meter seemed to work when it wanted to.  The trip meter would occasionally hang up on a certain mileage, but would start working again if I reset it.  The odometer always read low, so after about 15 years of use I had about 50% of my estimated miles showing.  I wrote this off to Italian priorities....eh, why worry?

I wasn't keen to go GPS unit aftermarket clocks, so I just dealt with this until the odometer stopped working entirely about 3 years ago. Joel Levine came to the rescue at that time, and all is working perfect now.  My odometer shows about 14K miles, but the real mileage is at least 25 to 26K miles.  

• Thanks 1