Did you know the Moto Guzzi "Gambalunga" racer was the inspiration of Luciano Marabese V11's designer for the tail end?

p6x

Truly! Actually, Marabese was quoted by Anima Guzzista saying, "I started to draw . . . the V11 from Gambalunghino . . ."

Knowing this makes the entire V11 design come together as cohesive and magnificently well executed:

Gambalunghino.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

• Like 3

The more I see of these iconic old models the more classical the V11 seems.

It’s certainly as visceral to ride as my old triumphs and 850t were, so the modern amenities have not taken away from the classical “real motorcycle” feel of the machine. Thanks for the good brakes, though!

• Like 2

@p6x encouraged me to get a copy of the publication produced by MotoItaliane: "Moto Guzzi 1921-2021".  It is worth it for the Ettore Gambioli illustrations alone!

I tried to find a way to buy prints of this one from him, but to no avail. How about it, @p6x, can you get me in touch with the artist?

Gambalunga-Gambioli.jpg

No comment, it's a statement, and it's washable, 3hours before 3rd hernia. IPA time.
Cheers Tom bb18069f3c8a8a4f5137353e30cfa74e.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LowRyter, your comment Is so correct, my V bad  :rasta:. 1 point only Gambalunga,

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well somebody looks like they've been copying Ahem!! taking inspiration from others.

To be fair it's not an uncommon design, is it just me or does Magni's Sfida Sporti (and quite a few other of the Sfida designs) not bear a resemblence to the V11 tail piece?

121228_0.jpg?1605577564

• Like 3