Red frame, $6k

fotoguzzi

Would you pay $6,000 USD for a red frame with only 4,200 miles?
Still has original tires. Probably needs a new battery and the tank drained of some old fuel.

2021052908164470-1564179411908366641-IMG

the other bike is a V7 replica built from a 850t, now with T3 swing arm and brake. $8500.

• Like 1

Sure, it's going to need some attention, but what a clean Sport!

Observed selling prices on the V11 have been steadily on the rise. That is not out of line as an asking price for what that is, IMO.

• Like 1

If it as as clean as it appears and you are into V11 Sports It seems to me that you would be hard pressed to find a nicer one imo, and would probably have at least 4-5 times the milage. On this one a Set of nice Mistrals...Some new rubber it would look beautiful....and something I would be proud to own..$6k is the "asking price" right?

It would be nice to see a collection of high resolution images of that V11 Sport. It looks largely original, but not entirely. Those are not the original mirrors and the rear fender/tail light/ tag light assembly has been changed.

Images of the smorgasbord under the seat would be telling . . .

If the tires are truly original, they will be Pirelli Dragon Corse with DOT date codes from 2000-2001.  My original tires certainly never made it to 4,200 miles . . .  (2,772 miles! :o )

• Like 1

If that dude selling the V11 also owns that old V7 then I'd consider it. Or maybe offer $5000-$5500.. The old Goose is a good sign he's cared for it. 

• Like 1

It's probably the best V11 I will ever find but I'm still hesitant.. I could maybe get the price down some but the cost of new tires a battery and likely exhaust then sorting out something with old gas in the tank and who knows what shape the tank is in..  no Roper plate etc. I did tell the guy I'd trailer it home if he'd let go for $4k.. hopefully he's still pondering that.

I've been riding for 50 years but don't really have the urge anymore. My wife and dogs always want to go with, then there's the safety factor, I had a get off on my Honda trail 90 last summer going full bore (about 45mph?) and bashed up my elbow and hip, lucky I didn't bang the Beanie since I was not wearing a helmet or any other gear, one of the rare times I've done that, dumb I know. Rear tire had a blow out.

we just got home from a great day trip in my convertible and I'm pretty satisfied with that.

call me a wimp.

36 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

It's probably the best V11 I will ever find but I'm still hesitant.. I could maybe get the price down some but the cost of new tires a battery and likely exhaust then sorting out something with old gas in the tank and who knows what shape the tank is in..  no Roper plate etc.

we just got home from a great day trip in my convertible and I'm pretty satisfied with that.

call me a wimp.

Hah- no, bud, taking your wife out in the convertible is noble. Motorcycling is demanding. And can be unforgiving.

Truth is the original LaFranconi exhaust and factory cross-over are not bad at all. I'm still with my original tank, factory ECU/map, injectors, fuel pump and valve guides, while my treasured P.Roper Plate is still part of the shop decor.

Yeah, batteries and tires and fluids are part of the price of admission. :race:

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

Like Mark Etheridge said to me.. " You going to put that money in your casket, are ya?" :rasta:

Mark is known for many quotes....🤣

• 2 months later...

I think I said the price was $6k.
It's in Minnesota

and the V7 in background is an 850t tarted up as a V7 Sport. 
he wanted something like $8k for that, I thought way too high.

Ive kind of lost track of the bikes and guy, maybe can find out did they ever sell if your really interested at $6,000 send me a pm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1