2002 V11 LeMans

turn11.Larry

Hmmmm, where to go?

I just called EuroCycle in Las Vegas to schedule an oil / filter change and replace both tires.  They ask the year and I was told they don't do anything on bikes 10 years old or older.  WHAT???

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Larry Pence

Bullhead City, Arizona

I guess they don't want your money, must be nice having a business that can afford to turn away work. You were buying the tires from them right?

maybe you should talk to the owner and tell him how while waiting for the service on your bike you were going to buy a new helmet, top of the line riding jacket and boots and some accessories but now you'll spend money somewhere else.

• Like 1

I almost never use a dealer for routine service.  I'd look around for a good independent mechanic in your area.  I had some service done in Lake Havasu a few years ago.  Sorry, I don't remember the name.

Mike

• Sad 1

IMHO it depends, I agree on a lot of things, cars and other toys but with my MC I usually like to go to a dealer.  HOWEVER it looks like I have no option.  There is a Harley repair shop in town (Eagle Motorcycles) and I will approach them. 

I used to deal with GT Motors i Lansing, MI, are they still in business since Larry passed away or where are sources for 2002 V11 LeMans parts, filters etc.?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I guess Euro Cycles doesn't need need any work for the shop.  They can't service the bike and change tires?  WTF?

You said exactly what I was thinking when we spoke.

Where can I source parts for the 2002 V11 Lemans???

3 hours ago, turn11.Larry said:

Hmmmm, where to go?

I just called EuroCycle in Las Vegas to schedule an oil / filter change and replace both tires.  They ask the year and I was told they don't do anything on bikes 10 years old or older.  WHAT???

Larry Pence

Bullhead City, Arizona

They are fckt 

9 hours ago, turn11.Larry said:

Yes, My intent is to take it in for all fluids and new tires

Any good independent shop should be willing and able to handle all of it, but they may freak when they see the filter in the sump. Fluids? Maybe a Duc shop might risk it, as they do Brembo hydraulics. As to tires, Cycle Gear will do the tires if you buy them there.

• Like 1

San Diego Duc and MG dealer.... we have folks who live there and know them, I don’t... is it GP motorsports?
Few hours to ride there and spend a day, if they are good and able.

GP Motorcycles is a good shop. That's where I bought my Scura and my Stelvio. 

It's close to Little Italy and downtown San Diego. It would be easy to spend a day in the area. Within walking distance, if you like Mexican food, is the fabulous El Indio restaurant.

But... it looks like Larry is in Bullhead City, which is closer to Los Angeles than San Diego. There's gotta be a good shop for oil and tires closer than that, like in Kingman, or even Flagstaff.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:45 PM, turn11.Larry said:

Hmmmm, where to go?

Larry Pence

Bullhead City, Arizona

Larry,

Don't feel frustrated, it is the norm for many dealerships or workshops to not work on "older" vehicles.

Before I purchased my Le Mans, I prospected workshops here in Houston, and I knew that the official Moto Guzzi dealership would not service my bike. Although the Guzzi engine has remained the same for decades, they don't stock some of the older parts, and they don't want to spend the time looking for them.

I am lucky here in Houston, because there are a few options. But just so you know, I had to replace a handlebar end weight, and it took about one month until I could ride again. Mainly because the clip on handlebar vibrated so much that it numbed my hand.

For tires, some of the shops here will not remove the wheels from your bike. You have to bring them for tire change. Again, this is for their convenience. It is easier for them to have tire installers than mechanics who are able to remove the front or rear wheel from multiple bike brands.

I have not solved that problem myself yet. I know how to remove my wheels, but I do not have a workshop stand. But I will tackle this one soon.