The Daytona Dr John search for missing bikes.

Tony21

On 5/31/2021 at 6:37 PM, Admin Jaap said:

I'll try the Dutch Guzzi forum.

Thank you very much that would be fantastic, the name i have for the Dutch owner (from 1998) is Eric Nijssen of Zaandam.

Air boxes were designed to meet noise levels. Most motorcycles up until the government stepped in, used open intakes without filters or “rock catchers” screens. Induction noise was the reason.

Atmospheric pressure without the aid of turbo and or supercharging will not be a significant factor with or without a box. 

Ram air style ducts and what have you work at speeds on race tracks. The average street rider wouldn’t notice anything. Some people swear by them, others don’t....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mikko said:

Air boxes were designed to meet noise levels. Most motorcycles up until the government stepped in, used open intakes without filters or “rock catchers” screens. Induction noise was the reason.

Atmospheric pressure without the aid of turbo and or supercharging will not be a significant factor with or without a box. 

Ram air style ducts and what have you work at speeds on race tracks. The average street rider wouldn’t notice anything. Some people swear by them, others don’t....

Thank you for that information, I run the UNI filters because that was fitted as standard by Moto Guzzi to the Dr Johns, so I'll carry on using them.

• Like 1

Unlike newer Guzzi's like the V11, the airbox on the Daytona was not exactly ideal. So a common aftermarket mod on normal Daytonas was those velocity stacks and foam pod air filters.

Mine (not a Dr John) had them when I bought it. They have since been swapped out for better quality pod filters. I have considered trying to fit a V11 airbox to go with my V11 subframe, but I would have to fit the V11 gas tank as well and don't see that as likely. I prefer the Daytona gas tank. But with the V11 subframe on mine the stock airbox for a Daytona isn't an option. So, pods it is. Not ideal, but it works.

The stock airbox on an MGS01 looks like a much better design than either.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

https://www.mgcn.nl/forum/index.php?/topic/26157-dr-john-register/
No results in on the the Dutch forum so far, maybe someone has contacted you directly?

Thank you for trying for me, unfortunately no one has come forward.

Lets hope that someone may see the post in the future and reply?

Thanks again for trying,

Tony.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 2:16 AM, Tony21 said:

Good Morning All,

My name is Tony and I have recently been given the paperwork for the 'Daytona Dr John' register.

This register logs the owners of the 20 Dr John bikes that were produced in 1994 for the UK market.

Of the 20 bikes that were initially produced, 1 was involved in a fire and so was lost.

This left 19 bikes, and the owners are listed on the paperwork I have.

The register was stopped in 1998 when the owner who ran the register sold his Dr John.

So, I have now picked up the reins and decided to give it a go and try and find the owners.

So far I have the details of 10 owners confirmed, leaving 9 owners out there somewhere.

Three of the bikes moved into Europe, two to Belgium and one to Holland, leaving 6 in the UK, who knows where????

So, If you know of a Daytona Dr John owner please ask them to contact me so I can put them on the register for this rare and iconic bike.

My email is antony.maddox007@gmail.com or if whatsapp is better +447793085946

Kind regards,

Tony.

look at this one...S/n 11    https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/522966779138494/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment