The Daytona Dr John search for missing bikes.

Tony21

Good Morning All,

My name is Tony and I have recently been given the paperwork for the 'Daytona Dr John' register.

This register logs the owners of the 20 Dr John bikes that were produced in 1994 for the UK market.

Of the 20 bikes that were initially produced, 1 was involved in a fire and so was lost.

This left 19 bikes, and the owners are listed on the paperwork I have.

The register was stopped in 1998 when the owner who ran the register sold his Dr John.

So, I have now picked up the reins and decided to give it a go and try and find the owners.

So far I have the details of 10 owners confirmed, leaving 9 owners out there somewhere.

Three of the bikes moved into Europe, two to Belgium and one to Holland, leaving 6 in the UK, who knows where????

So, If you know of a Daytona Dr John owner please ask them to contact me so I can put them on the register for this rare and iconic bike.

My email is antony.maddox007@gmail.com or if whatsapp is better +447793085946

Kind regards,

Tony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like this? They were 'B' kitted were they not? I liked the black colour scheme.

-SGNQp_k5Oi1uS7Zt8aXOatQZp0xegdo0YRjBHXw

A friend had one, sold it and years later bought it back.

He then sold it within a couple of weeks when he was made an offer too good to refuse.

AFAIK the bike went to somebody in the London area who already had one and wanted another

Hi,

Yes you are correct, and I know the person you are talking about.

The bike pictured here is no longer in Scotland, this one is already documented on the register.

Thank you for replying, I hope I can find the missing 9 bikes and owners.

Kind regards,

Tony.

I just checked in my garage, but sadly, I don't have one.

Seriously, cool project. Have you also joined WildGuzzi.com? That's a bigger audience and just the type of crowd that might know something to help you.

• Haha 1

I don't remember where I read it, Dr. John was very particular about his name being used. He did have plans to do more with Guzzi IIRC DeTomaso was in failing health and they pretty much shut down the racing program. The Daytona is really a very special part of Guzzi history. These are, IMO much more then just a name slapped on the side.  I want one to park in my House........

9 hours ago, Kevin_T said:

Are those pods on the end of the velocity stacks? (oh, oh)

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe these foam pods were the OEM fitment.

• Thanks 1

Just to add the Dr John shown in the picture I put up is the same bike that dvdmcm owned for a while

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 PM, Kevin_T said:

Are those pods on the end of the velocity stacks? (oh, oh)

Yes they are pods on the end of the velocity stacks, they are UNI filters 3 inch mounting  dia x 5 inch 

They were standard equipment on the Dr John