1997 1100 sport engine number location?

red lion

Can someone tell me where the engine number is located on a 1997 1100 sport? Also did they come with a EPA sticker?

I can't remember if they'd gone to a dot-matrix printer by then but it'll either be on the web on the case below the oil filler or on a flat oval in the casting on the LH side of the timing chest I believe.

• Like 1

On my Sfida (a Magni using sporti running gear including the engine & gbx) which is a 99 I believe

It's on the Crankcase LHS (as you sit on the bike) front, low down just above all the finning near the sump, where the timing case bolts on.

Being a 99 and you're asking about a 97, this may have changed but my numbers are in a dot matrix format

Thanks John. More help than my response.

Did that oil cooler ever turn up? I reckon it got eaten by Covid. Jude and I had our first shots today. Jude's brain hurts. I'm as fit as a flea! OK, a fat, morbidly obese flea but still a flea!🙄😄

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Thanks John. More help than my response.

Did that oil cooler ever turn up? I reckon it got eaten by Covid. Jude and I had our first shots today. Jude's brain hurts. I'm as fit as a flea! OK, a fat, morbidly obese flea but still a flea!🙄😄

No Pete I haven't seen anything which reminds me I need to talk to the painter about these Magni decals as he never got back to me

I'll drop you a PM

Both Charlotte and me have had both jabs, neither of us had any after effects whatsoever

John