2000 Sport

df1

I see @df1 last visited June 12, but perhaps tying his username to the "@" will send him a notification.

Interesting, Tony, @df1's location is "NH" which may very well be close to you!

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, docc said:

I see @df1 last visited June 12, but perhaps tying his username to the "@" will send him a notification.

Interesting, Tony, @df1's location is "NH" which may very well be close to you!

Good luck!

@df1, do you still have the V11?

Thank you again, Docc!

12 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

@df1, do you still have the V11?

Thank you again, Docc!

This notification feature is pretty new to this forum, so this is just a general message for all of us. 

When you type the “@“ symbol and begin typing a username, a drop down menu appears and you can select the username desired. Notice how the forum then highlights the entry. If you type in the entire username, without clicking on the selection, there is no highlight and, therefore, no notification.

In order to receive notifications through this system, go to your profile and select your notification preferences.

Again, just a general FYI post.

Otherwise, @VtwinStorm, you can hover over a username, or open their profile, and send a “PM” (Personal Message). Some members will see these long before they may check on, and reply to, an old post. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for trying to reach me.  

The bike will "eventually" be up for sale.  The "eventually" is the fact that it has been sitting at the Shop for close to 4 months waiting on brake parts, (disc and caliper and pads) for the rear, as the supply chain for these is basically non-existent, the pads and caliper are in, but no disc.  I had planned to ride one last season and then sell her.  As of right now I have no idea when my V11 will be done as the parts distributor has no answer on the disc for the shop.  Every day it's the same story.

BTW, I am in Salem, NH.

David

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, df1 said:

They are all aftermarket, the discs are no longer made.  I've tried several places, MG Cycle, etc.  nobody has the discs (original nor aftermarket).

How about this Brembo supplier @KINDOY2 linked:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, df1 said:

They are all aftermarket, the discs are no longer made.  I've tried several places, MG Cycle, etc.  nobody has the discs (original nor aftermarket).

I know you have a life to live, David, I'm in Nashua. Let me know if/when it is rideable. I'm in Nashua. I want the MAGNI kit included if you sell to me. I'm 99% sure your have the V11 I've been after.

Thank you for your time my friend.

-Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, df1 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132458341364?epid=1380999889&hash=item1ed721e3f4:g:XoUAAOSwxZthCsbM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362006038250?epid=2112366411&hash=item54493dc6ea:g:Lk8AAOSw6DtYWM6b

Owning two Ducati 900SSs, and a Daytona 1200, I know finding OEM parts is a struggle in patience, but I think the above will fit your V11, and it's a proper BREMBO disc.

Let me know how you make out, David.

Thank you again,

-Tony

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Gold rear disc p# GU03635700 , black rear disc p# GU01635700, if this helps.

https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Moto_Guzzi&T=V 11&Y=2000&L=MG-V11_1&O=Rear wheel&F=MG-V11_1_19&L2=MG-V11_1_19

Also, this one is in the UK, and OEM: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174312417574?hash=item2895d46926:g:M5YAAOSwuOde4K0F

On 8/18/2021 at 2:33 PM, df1 said:

Really wanting that V11, David. lol

If you just want to wash your hands of it, I can take it off your hands. I wrench and have no life. This is totally the bike for me. lol

I'm looking at one in Michigan also, but I'd rather buy local and not on faith. Let me know what shop it is at so I can go take a look at it.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Vtwin,

I'm going to check with the shop again today, but I'm sure the answer is going to be the same,

"I talked with the parts distributor yesterday and they say it will be a few more days", etc etc.

Once I do that I will contact you to see what you are thinking. 

Some considerations:

Bike has a handle-bar conversion (uses Jackal handlebar clamp)

Open airbox

Have all parts from original sport handlebars (sans grips)

Have a Magni Fairing and parts available to be included or sold separately depending on offer.

And if memory serves the pipes are Mistrals (bought that way)

David

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, df1 said:

Vtwin,

I'm going to check with the shop again today, but I'm sure the answer is going to be the same,

"I talked with the parts distributor yesterday and they say it will be a few more days", etc etc.

Once I do that I will contact you to see what you are thinking. 

Some considerations:

Bike has a handle-bar conversion (uses Jackal handlebar clamp)

Open airbox

Have all parts from original sport handlebars (sans grips)

Have a Magni Fairing and parts available to be included or sold separately depending on offer.

And if memory serves the pipes are Mistrals (bought that way)

David

No worries, David. I just want to get my V11 before the NH winter (of which you are well aware).

Ideally, I want everything you have---especially the MAGNI fairing. I want the maint. records, all the parts. All of it.

PM me when you are ready. If they can't figure out the brakes, I can. I just need a quick start and brief ride and the cash will be in your hands. Worst case, I can drop it off at Seacoast Sport in Derry, NH, but I think I can get it sorted, even if it takes me until Spring '22 to get it all sorted.

I'm a serious buyer and not wanting to waste your time.

Thank you,

-Tony

• Like 2