Wheels

rich46

Hello to all ,

We are looking for wheels for our Le Mans Race motorbike.  We are allowed to use 17" wheels because of the difficulty of finding  race rubber.  So to that end does anyone out there know of a wheel manufacturer building carbon fiber or mag wheels to fit our motorbikes.  I can find 18" ones but finding 17's is starting to be a bitch and Guzzi OEM wheels weigh a ton !

Thanks in advance

Rich  

• Like 1

And what will 17 inch wheels do for your gearing?  No doubt you can get any custom billet wheels made.... $$$$$$$$$$ 

It must be true because it's on tv all the time.  :whistle:

I think there are only two gear ratios available (but I might be wrong).  

25 minutes ago, gstallons said:

What year motorbike is it ?

I really thought I could come up with link to one of our threads to answer this: nope. Had to go to the web, but found this image of the Purple Gang's hot-rod Moto Guzzi at Phillip Island. Not sure what it is, though. These do look like V11 wheels. And: yep, they're heavy!!

DSCN8916-720x540.jpg

• Like 1

BST carbon wheels.

You will have to have them custom made. They might have something that would work with an MGS-01 type of set-up.

something tells me your not using a late model LeMans(2002-2005-6).

Best contact them directly. A front and rear rim ......probably gonna be 2-3 times the cost of what you have in the bike. just guessing 

more power to ya !!!!!:bier:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, andy york said:

BST carbon wheels.

You will have to have them custom made. They might have something that would work with an MGS-01 type of set-up.

something tells me your not using a late model LeMans(2002-2005-6).

Best contact them directly. A front and rear rim ......probably gonna be 2-3 times the cost of what you have in the bike. just guessing 

more power to ya !!!!!:bier:

IIRC they're running a Tonti Lemans

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, rich46 said:

Hello to all ,

We are looking for wheels for our Le Mans Race motorbike.  We are allowed to use 17" wheels because of the difficulty of finding  race rubber.  So to that end does anyone out there know of a wheel manufacturer building carbon fiber or mag wheels to fit our motorbikes.  I can find 18" ones but finding 17's is starting to be a bitch and Guzzi OEM wheels weigh a ton !

Thanks in advance

Rich  

18” race rubber by Continental, Bridgestone and Metzeler is readily available, cheap and sticky. Marvic can make you a set of magnesium wheels in 18” for around $2400. Weight for both is less than the weight of 1 OEM. 

17” tires are readily available but now you have a wheel problem.

go to 18s and you have no problems. 

speaking from experience here, not BS. I run 18” Continentals 130 rear and beat guys on 150/160 wide 17s all the time.

F896264F-0CDD-4E03-910C-846DF21AA123.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, rich46 said:

Hello to all ,

Thanks in advance

Rich  

But if you insist on 17s I’ve seen Honda CBR wheels used. The rear hub can be machined down and a Guzzi hub bolted up. Daytona/Sport non Cush drive drive splines are available from MG Cycle. 

• Like 2