early Sport silver front fender parts

docc

I suppose I must perform another session of epoxy reconstruction surgery on my original, but it is certainly showing it's been on the leading edge of these miles/kays.

Thanks for keeping me in mind if you spot one or have one taking up valuable space . . .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

* Bump : Any silver Sport front fenders out there?  :whistle:

Added a "fender welt ." Just like a '32 Ford . . . B)

IMG_8208.jpg

Plus a "fender washer " (it's what they're for, right?) :huh:

IMG_8209.jpg

(It really does not look that coarse, in person . . . does it ? ) :unsure:

^ That one could do with a re-paint.

@docc if it comes down to a repaint, I have dark grey fender from a 2002 Champagne LeMans that you can have for the cost of shipping. Consider it a forum donation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, gentlemen! 

I've looked at that fender in Germany before. I might would go that many Deutsche Marks plus shipping if it were NOS, but not in that condition.

Thanks, @Scud for the generous offer! Unfortunately, I do not have a good painter to call upon. Let me look into that option further. Thank you, again!

If I must paint, I had thought about finding a carbon fiber fender and leaving a cf stripe down the middle. I am less sure about what cf fenders might fit the early forks or if availability would be any better than the silver...... 

• 1 month later...

Thanks to :notworthy:   @KINDOY2 for helping me source the rear section of the silver front Sport fender along with the top three "Swell Nuts ". (TLM/Nederlands)

Very narrowly missed a front section/ front fender from them on ebay.

So, still on the hunt for a front section/ silver front fender V11 Sport 1999-2001 (and the two side "well nuts") . .

• docc changed the title to WTB early Sport silver front fender/ front part

I have a full front silver fender from a V11 Sport is great condition (12k miles).  

If you're still looking.

I am located in NW Florida but can ship in the US.

Cheers,

Aldo

• Thanks 1

When you get ready to assemble the fender , use a good amount of anti-sieze on the screws going into the rubber mounted nuts.  Those things used to be on all GM vehicles pre-1973 ( that year had the internal regulator ) had the external voltage regulator . This was used to rubber mount it to cut down on shock , vibration , etc.  These were a monster to remove . You destroyed them and hard mounted the regulator to whatever it was originally mounted to . 

You can't do this on the fender . It would look terrible .

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gstallons said:

When you get ready to assemble the fender , use a good amount of anti-sieze on the screws going into the rubber mounted nuts.  Those things used to be on all GM vehicles pre-1973 ( that year had the internal regulator ) had the external voltage regulator . This was used to rubber mount it to cut down on shock , vibration , etc.  These were a monster to remove . You destroyed them and hard mounted the regulator to whatever it was originally mounted to . 

You can't do this on the fender . It would look terrible .

Sage advice. It comes to mind this is best practice for our anti-vibration mounts fr the ECU and the coils, which are all failure prone . . .

• Like 1

I just want to say @Aldo totally came through on this! :notworthy: Thank you, Sir! :thumbsup:

This was not before (five days before :blink:) I ordered NOS parts from Agostini, TLM, and CadreCycles.

I have the Agostini front part already (7 days from Italy/ DHL!), although it has a paint damage cut (that they professionally disclosed). Perfectly centered and located for a proper front fender logo of some sort . . .

th?id=OIP.4cy0-6HrShWnL6_pZ2AQZQHaER%26p

The NOS rear part of the front fender is finding its way to me via PostNL from TLM. It, too, will require repair of a (disclosed) cracked mounting point. (I have some experience with that on V11 body work.)

In the meantime, mySport gets a fresh front "wing" at the next front tire change.

Thanks, again, @Aldo:mg:  :bier:

• Like 2

• docc changed the title to early Sport silver front fender parts
  • 6 months later...