Tachometer crapped out on 04' V11

daviscr5

Hello all, I had Joel Levine rebuild my speedo last year. My tach just stopped working so I pulled it tonight. Curious if you guys think it needs a rebuild too or if it's more likely an electronic issue? I recall it sputtering a bit before giving up the ghost so I'm thinking rebuild. The little backlights work fine. Thoughts?14d3ee9e1029a3e227f204aba723122c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would shoot him an email and see what he thinks - since he does not repair them for free. Say, do we have pics of your Coppa?

Thanks Guys. I spoke with Joel. He advised to NOT send it in and waste my money. He says it's very rarely a mechanical issue in the tach.  Usually the electronics have gone bad. Guess I'll start searching for an aftermarket replacement. I'll check the relay as well. 

• Like 1

The Veglia on my EV has the counter weight come loose.  I was able to take it apart and glue it back on, it's worked ever since.

If it rattles, you'll know that's the issue.  Not an easy job getting that bezel off and back on.

Otherwise, send it to Joel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LowRyter said:

The Veglia on my EV has the counter weight come loose.  I was able to take it apart and glue it back on, it's worked ever since.

If it rattles, you'll know that's the issue.  Not an easy job getting that bezel off and back on.

Otherwise, send it to Joel.

Unfortunately no tell-tale rattles...  Again, Joel said I'd be wasting my money to send it to him.  I'm going to try a new relay and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll be looking for an alternative.

• Sad 1

I have one from an '03 if you're interested. Looks just like yours, but check p/n's. Works and looks pretty good.  A small scratch on the face and some "cleaning fuzzie bits" If you look close. The rest seen is on the inside, likely some fog and dust deposits. 25k mi.

Used electronic parts might be good money after bad idk, but it's an alternative for you.

I have pics and a video of the bike running just before I parted it out that I can PM if interested

I just stuck the info in classifieds in case you don't need it.

• Like 1

If it is the relay, there will be other signs on that circuit: headlight, brake light, horns, warning indicator lights. Even compromised charging.

Regardless, high quality, high current "best" relays are worth the pursuit.

• Like 2