Fueling issues

Alfacity

I recently purchased my V11 Sport (2001 model) and have already posted a question re racks earlier today.

Another issue is the fueling the bike doesn’t always start first time and can be a little hesitant when opening the throttle. Has anyone used a power commander or something similar? Or is it a case you need to keep higher revs than say my Bellagio which is ten years younger and has a more modern fuel injection system. Just looking for tips to enjoy the ride better

Que Roper in 3...2...1. :rasta:

A Power Commander works, but is really old technology. With GuzziDiag, you can load a new map, which is a much more elegant solution.

Welcome, Alfacity ! You are in the right place to “enjoy the ride better!”

Here is a great starting point for running issues:

• Like 3

I would go with what he says ^^^  ;)

Night and day difference, and if you do it and it still runs like shit then you know at least you have ruled out the obvious!

• Thanks 1

We did install a power commander on the wife's V11 years ago. That was before options like Guzzi Diag came out. The power commander on the wife's V11 works well. but it is old school tech. The newer Guzzi Diag options has potential that the power commander could never have.

That said, it should run fine stock, and if yours doesn't I would do as docc suggests and perform a basic tune up. You never know what state a used bike is in when you acquire it. Once the basics are good there is plenty of time to go down the Guzzi Diag rabbit hole. 

• Like 2

Not simple, all the things you do with the cute little thing :rasta:, learning to know the gal, some times WTH ,  IT'S worth it. Just saying.

Cheers tom 

• Like 1

Hard starting is frequently a cue the valves need adjusted. The fuel injection system on these bikes is pretty good IMHO, but, they need to be set up properly to function well. As mentioned, the "Decent tune-up" thread is an excellent procedure to get the F.I. system calibrated. Also, it's recommended to replace the relays with quality Omron's, a search on here will guide you to the right ones. You just don't know what the P.O.'s did to the thing, such as turning the white knob on left side to adjust idle speed...it's actually the throttle synch adjuster and turning it without a synch tool will mess things up for sure.

• Like 1