V11 Sport Tank Bag

jsciullo

Guest John Sears

Jim,

I use a tankbag from Marsee (don't know the model) on my V11S, and it works really well for me. It's about the same width as the padding on the tank, and uses straps with Fastex buckles on the front and rear, so you can cinch it down tight, and remove/replace it in just a second or 2. The rear straps will dull the paint on the tank, however (but then so are my knees where they clamp onto the tank sides).

I really like having it, if I'm out for the day or commuting, etc. And the map pocket makes a good place to put a radar detector or GPS.

Cheers,

John

'01 V11Sport

I have a Fox 19 liter expandable bag that works great on my V11S. But it was tippy atop the tank pad. I cut a pair of long wedges of firm seat foam and glued them under the tank bag pad to hold up the sides. Worked like a charm.

I generate a lot of scrap foam like this. If anyone here wants a pair of wedges like this to glue under theirs, I'd be happy to send some to you if you cover the postage.

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

www.rka-luggage.com

I have the 7.5 liter mounted all the time .Looks good and expands.

Also have the 23 liter for longer trips as it uses the same straps that stay on the bike. Do get the sherpa tubes which are fleece tubes that cover the straps and protect the paint. :rolleyes:

What are people doing about keeping the straps on the bike when the bag is not used?

I have a Tour Master tank bag that stays on tight. It has a separate neoprene underpad that I converted into a semi-permanent harnass for keeping the clips in position when the bag is not being used. It works well, but is kind of ugly.

ps for what it is worth, I believe Marsee is the maker of the Guzzi bag, and the Marsee price is probably better than the Guzzi price. But I doubt you get an Eagle with the Marsee bag!

Guest John Sears

With my Marsee bag (I believe you are right, BTW, that they make the Guzzi-branded bags), I keep the front strap with the 2 plastic buckle halves sort of tucked into the space between the head tube and the cutout at the front of the tank. I use a big tie-wrap to keep the strap tight around the tube, and have the strap ends trimmed, so it's all pretty tidy. The rear ones, I take off the seat and tuck them back along the frame tubes on either side of the battery, so you don't even see them when the bag is not being used. Works well for me.

John

• 1 month later...

I have the Guzzi tank bag on my V11 Sport and love it. It is a little on the small side when not expanded but conforms to the shape of the tank. It is easily removable via a zipper around the base and can be used as a backpack. It is easy to gas up with the tank bag removed as the (semi) permanently mounted base has a hole in it for the gas cap.

I also have the Guzzi saddlebags and am very pleased with them - excellent design!

Guest Tenni#099

I also use the original MG tank bag. It has a very good fit and it is small enough not to be either in your sight or shrugging against you. I used it also with maximum volume and it remains good. Buy!

Gerco

Guest Squashed Nose

Well, I may be in a minority here but I hate all bike luggage. It completely ruins the bikes lines. For the majority of the time I use a back pack but if I'm going away I use a pair of semi rigid panniers which strap over and under the seat. Instant access, no issues with getting to the petrol tank, they keep the C of G low and are very stable when on the move.

However, I'd sooner have a tank bag than a top box. Whoever had the idea of mounting a box high and behind the rear wheel must have been on some mind bending substances at the time.

I know what you mean about how bags and cases ruins the lines, but I can't do without my tank bag and top case, which are on the bike all the time. The tank bag, which is a Marsee "Mr. Pockets", is great for holding things that I need to access quickly (e.g., toll money, garage door remote, gun to thank Mr Cager for crossing into my lane...just kidding). The top case is where I store my helmet and gloves when not riding. Very functional, though not very sporty...