V-11 tenni

Twin AH

So i have pursued this once before........... does any one have or know of a V-11 Tenni that has perfect factory cases with no blistered paint..... and of course in pristine condition.

Note.   It seems that other variants of that era wrinkle finish cases do infact exist with perfect factory paint ???

Any and all thoughts.

Ciao

What came of the contact info I sent you last year? That one was truly the nicest one I've seen advertised for sale in north America since I started watching 19 years ago. 

At my best guess there are maybe 40 Tenni in the US..... Canada Idk??  Of the 170 world wide sales I would also guess that none came from the factory with the nice upgraded '03 semi gloss paint. If there are any '02 models in the '02 range with such I would be very surprised. The factory did offer replacement cases so there may be a few of those about, in the '02 model range. I do have however, first hand knowledge of Moto Guzzi's troubles with any sort of (US) customer service in '02, '03 when I tried vigorously to get compensated. I personally found that there was "no one to talk to."

It would be interesting and informative to know the vin series run from the shite paint to the nice paint. Any of the nice ones from '02 would have been at the end of the run yes? But, then there are the many '03 "carry over" bikes which had the blistering paint. Knowing Guzzi, and their mish mash of parts and bikes, one might see an '02 with nice (oem) paint on motor cases I suppose. If there's one out there, I think you'll find it.

• Thanks 1

Thx for that Foot.

The machine you were speaking about was a nice one for sure but unfortunately really heavy paint blistering on that one as well.

Of all the wrinkle finish machines I have pondered up close all have had mild to heavy blistering with the exception of a few.... one RM which I own and another enthusiast friend of mine who owns a Champaign /02 which has over 50 K and oddly enough perfect as well.

Just though there might be one in a collection somewhere in pristine condition is all.

Strange things.........

Ciao

Just curious about blistered paint.  Is it possible to do a reasonably good job of repainting the engine without disassembling the bike?  For example, when I thoroughly repainted my house (close to 20yeas ago), I rented a high pressure sprayer with chemicals to treat and remove peeling paint and then painted with high quality paint.  It's held up with minor touch ups.

Could a chemical treatment with careful masking accomplish the same?

They pop up but they're not cheap. It sounds obsurd but just make one. A V11 Lemans , get the color codes and order the decals from Harper. I'm pretty sure you can still even get the Tenni tank pad. And even after making one you will prolly save money. A low mileage Tenni and Coppa Italias are fetching ridiculous money.  

I'm actually considering doing it to my 02. 

I have never heard of a Tenni, or a Scura, without the paint (and flywheel) issues. 

If anyone has one with the later satin (not "wrinkle-flake") driveline paint, this would be a great place to post!

I have been immensely impressed with folks' efforts to correct these issues. Neither are easy tasks (especially the paint thing). :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, docc said:

I have never heard of a Tenni, or a Scura, without the paint (and flywheel) issues. 

If anyone has one with the later satin (not "wrinkle-flake") driveline paint, this would be a great place to post!

I have been immensely impressed with folks' efforts to correct these issues. Neither are easy tasks (especially the paint thing). :thumbsup:

That said docc, getting one with the crap paint and having it redone would be in line with Guzzi's warranted repair, so cases repainted/powdered would still constitute oem. Fixing a recall doesn't void originality. The key would be to determine what finish was on the replacement cases. Replacement cases were what was offered at the time. I only assume they were the later satin finish. Now there would be some detective work...

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:17 AM, Twin AH said:

Thx for that Foot.

The machine you were speaking about was a nice one for sure but unfortunately really heavy paint blistering on that one as well.

Of all the wrinkle finish machines I have pondered up close all have had mild to heavy blistering with the exception of a few.... one RM which I own and another enthusiast friend of mine who owns a Champaign /02 which has over 50 K and oddly enough perfect as well.

Just though there might be one in a collection somewhere in pristine condition is all.

Strange things.........

Ciao

The RM (Rosso Mandello) of [corrected]: 2001 had a different, smoother,  finish than the 2002 V11s and did not fail like the “wrinkle” paint.

4 hours ago, docc said:

The RM (Rosso Mandello) of 2021 had a different, smoother,  finish than the 2002 V11s and did not fail like the “wrinkle” paint.

You mean '01 ? That's interesting. I'll pay closer attention next time I see one. (this coming ssr maybe?)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, footgoose said:

You mean '01 ? That's interesting. I'll pay closer attention next time I see one. (this coming ssr maybe?)

Heh, yes - corrected my year reference to "2001" - thanks!

This is, after all, what the South'n SpineRaid has been all about. With the best of good fortune, there will be a fine selection of V11 to admire and compare at this Seventeenth SSR.

Even this fine fellow's Rosso Mandello? (Mr. PennAdam) . . .

44512.jpeg