V-11 tenni

Twin AH

On 6/30/2021 at 4:57 AM, footgoose said:

That said docc, getting one with the crap paint and having it redone would be in line with Guzzi's warranted repair, so cases repainted/powdered would still constitute oem. Fixing a recall doesn't void originality. The key would be to determine what finish was on the replacement cases. Replacement cases were what was offered at the time. I only assume they were the later satin finish. Now there would be some detective work...

The cases on my '01 V11 LM were redone through warranty. It came back with a wrinkled finish that almost matched the finish on the gearbox. I could only spot the difference from very close by. I believe it was done by a firm in Germany. Afaik they redid all the bad cases. 

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but as a recipient of the warranty replacement engine cases for the bubbling 2002 finish, I can concur with Jaap that the replacement cases were the same fuzzy/textured black finish as the originals, not the later 03+ smooth semi-gloss/satin finish.

The new cases were a near exact match to the transmission, although they were a bit darker since they hadn't yet been exposed to road grime, etc.

• Like 4