"On Any Sunday" documentary 1971

I've really been enjoying the new format of the American Motorcyclist Association magazine with Mitch Boehm as editor. This month, they feature the 50th anniversary of the Bruce Brown documentary film "On Any Sunday."  Evidently, it has been remastered and prepared to re-release onto "big screens" on a limited basis.

Somehow, I missed this in 1971 and came to the Magic of Motorcycling rather late.  I'm guessing many of you know about this epic film already. The closing musical score is moving, of itself . . .

• Like 4
3 hours ago, docc said:

I've really been enjoying the new format of the American Motorcyclist Association magazine with Mitch Boehm as editor. This month, they feature the 50th anniversary of the Bruce Brown documentary film "On Any Sunday."  Evidently, it has been remastered and prepared to re-release onto "big screens" on a limited basis.

Somehow, I missed this in 1971 and came to the Magic of Motorcycling rather late.  I'm guessing many of you know about this epic film already. The closing musical score is moving, of itself . . .

In case you also missed it... Bruce Brown also made "Endless Summer." The guy made two of the most iconic action sports movies of all time, about surfing and motorcycling. I think he is my hero.

I love those old Huskies that Malcolm Smith and Steve McQueen were riding. I saw McQueen's bike once at the motorcycle museum in San Diego's Balboa Park. Malcolm really leveraged his exposure from the movie. His dealership in Riverside still sells Husqvarna. I've heard that his Husky from the movie is (was?) on display there.

The final scene, I believe, was shot on Camp Pendleton, in San Diego. Steve McQueen used his fame and influence to get onto base with the film crew. Every dirt biker in San Diego dreams of being able to replicate that.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed On Any Sunday as well.

Have it on DVD.

Anyone seen the new one On Any Sunday - The Next Chapter?

I tried to get it on Bluray but seems no longer available in our region B ( area code for Oz /NZ ).

It looks good, Bluray quality picture and  Dolby Atmos soundtrack !

Bugger

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1