2001 V11 Sport

Bob Maynard

With much sadness, I’m posting my Sport for sale. Unable to ride it at length due to a previous mc accident (left turning Ford) resulting in multiple pelvic fractures. Plates and screws put Humpty Dumpty back together, but pain gets worse with time, forcing sale. $3000 to forum members.

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/d/sharon-center-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/7346058167.html

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear, Bob. :( Time for that fun convertible sportcar to keep plying those hilly Ohio roads?

You have such a nice Sport there. From the Titanio cans to the Tenni tail cowl, lots of tasteful touches . . .

00x0x_6sdaSfHS6zEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Did you go parts bin on this V11? That actually looks REALLY cool! 👍👍👍👍

This a short frame? 

Not to speak for Bob, but: yes, early RedFrame without the lower bracing and lengthened spine section. Notice how tidy the front of the tank fits at the headstock . . .

00F0F_fasUFG3JAMoz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, Bob. You just have to play the cards you're dealt. I'd be on it like a duck on a june bug if I were in the market..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

Did you go parts bin on this V11? That actually looks REALLY cool! 👍👍👍👍

This a short frame? 

No I didn’t, but I heard that the NA importers may have. I read that they sold it as a TT model, just like this but with a silver rear fairing instead of my Tenni one. PPO put that Tenni on, along with the windscreen and cans. (Interesting story about the PO, btw)

Thanks to all for the well wishes!  I need to see a doc and find out if pt can help. It worked well before I sat on my ass thru covid. Those exercises don’t seem to be appropriate for my current condition. 

• Like 1

That’s a hell of a nice bike, Bob, and a great deal. I think it will sell fast the way the used bike market is right now. I hate to hear this, but bad stuff happens out there and so glad that you’re still here. 

• Like 2

I had forgotten about the black over silver V11 Sport "TT." Not sure the history of how that was produced.

Even then, this one has quite a lot of thoughtful additions.  Very nice.

Remember, @Bob Maynard, we have a place to post your FJ exploits and stay in touch!

Everything non-Guzzi and Redneck trashtalk

;)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, docc said:

I had forgotten about the black over silver V11 Sport "TT." Not sure the history of how that was produced.

Even then, this one has quite a lot of thoughtful additions.  Very nice.

Remember, @Bob Maynard, we have a place to post your FJ exploits and stay in touch!

Everything non-Guzzi and Redneck trashtalk

;)

Wasn't there a black and silver version created by a US dealer and called something forgettable back in the day. Wasn't a "factory" release but a US local individualised and locally marketed thing. One dealer only Marketed I mean.

Ciao 

• Like 1