Prestine Tenni quest

Twin AH

Just now, Twin AH said:

I'm going to add to my pile of quests........... anyone know of a pristine Tenni that might be gotten?

Ciao

V-11............ not the others.

I think I saw one. Once. The light was dim and the moment, fleeting . . .

1030_onwardunicorns-1.png

There could have been mushrooms involved . . . :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, docc said:

I think I saw one. Once. The light was dim and the moment, fleeting . . .

1030_onwardunicorns-1.png

There could have been mushrooms involved . . . :unsure:

:D.......... They have to be out there somewhere.

I'm a believer.     

• Haha 1

I tried to say... Better off just getting a LeMans and a suede seat and making your own. Would be a better bike anyway.. 

I have a Scura with the racing flywheel and a standard Lemans.. The Scura can be a widowmaker if that rear wheel breaks grip from the clutch grab. 

IMHO though not as pretty the LeMans is a better bike overall. Dare I say. 

Who cares if it wasn't a Tenni from the factory unless you're looking to flip it. 

• Thanks 1

Who cares if it wasn't a Tenni from the factory unless you're looking to flip it. 

Easy. Collectors and antiquers want the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it's pristine, it'll have to have been unused in a museum, probably with an empty fuel tank. The original finish has problems and these are likely to become apparent as soon as the bike is used. Speaking as someone with a Tenni, the original textured paint will flake as it doesn't adhere properly to the cases. The matte paint on the tank can bubble too. Generally speaking, the matte paint elsewhere isn't easy to keep at it's best either. Mine has the odd 'bloom' mark on the tailpiece. You can't polish these out as you would with a gloss paint. There's also the flywheel issue. I tend to believe this to be a case of 'when' not 'if'. A pristine and original bike isn't so desirable if it's got a time bomb as a flywheeI. Probably easier and more practical to refinish a bike. I like the textured engine paint. Maybe there are better modern alternatives. Harley Davidson have a similar finish. MGB GT dashboards also have a textured finish not dissimilar to the Tenni's cases. This might work.

https://pj1.com/product/fast-black-texture-paint/

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thx gentleman.

Understood on all comments but for better or worse my present stable and interests lie in relatively unmolested very close if not original low mileage examples as they are all exercised regularly and in good order.

Its just my special and unique kind of sickness............ at least that's what my Wife says.  ;)

I'm finding it very interesting that no one appears to have an original Tenni from the factory that has good cases........ as stated before I have seen with my own eyes machines of that year and era that are virtually blemish free with one having over 80,000 klms

Will continue my pursuit.          Any and all please contact me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chuck said:

Easy. Collectors and antiquers want the real thing.

Im coming at the angle of just wanting a Tenni. But if you're looking to buy a bike for investment but come to a forum to score a deal in efforts to flip it...🤣

Buying a motorcycle for investment? Antiquiters? 🤣

On 7/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, Twin AH said:

I'm going to add to my pile of quests........... anyone know of a pristine Tenni that might be gotten?

Ciao

As they say “Money talks” .. if you really want a pristine one …anytime soon you’ll have to step up big time to pry one out of someones hands “. That’s how it works.

12 hours ago, Twin AH said:

You don't know me do you..................

Ciao

Not trying to say you wouldn't or couldn't or make any comment about YOU personally..Just relating my own experiences over the last 55 years riding..I have paid some would think were  ridiculous prices to get just the bike I wanted ...but I did get what I wanted...thats all that mattered to me.  I hope you find yours!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...