Air box fitment

Gmc28

I assume the airbox from an 04 lemans won’t fit in a 2000 sport, due to the slightly different frame length?  

Looking to buy an eBay airbox for greenie which now has pods from PO. 

I think they will fit. The frame was elongated at the front, not where the airbox mounts. I have at least one airbox from a 2002 LeMans if you are looking for one.

27 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Well, here's the long frame box number.

(GU) 101 11 40 311

Too many numbers for a Guzzi part. Both models are 01114031. The frame was lengthened just behind the steering head so the airbox is unaffected.

Ciao 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the quick answers.

Fellow has one on eBay, and looks like $40.   I’ll buy yours instead scud if you’re looking to make room in the garage, or i can go for this eBay deal.

cheers

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Too many numbers for a Guzzi part. Both models are 01114031. The frame was lengthened just behind the steering head so the airbox is unaffected.

Ciao 

Screen%20Shot%202021-07-08%20at%207.55.3

32 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Screen%20Shot%202021-07-08%20at%207.55.3

As I said too many digits for a part number. The position and qty aren't a constituent of the part number. Nor is the GU in the majority of parts systems including Guzzi dealer systems.

Ciao

12 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Thanks all for the quick answers.

Fellow has one on eBay, and looks like $40.   I’ll buy yours instead scud if you’re looking to make room in the garage, or i can go for this eBay deal.

cheers

Thanks - get the ebay one (assuming it comes with the box and the lid). Saves me the hassle of shipping. But if you can't get that one, I'll dig mine out for you.

Thanks scud-
Looks like it just sold....
I’m in zero rush, so if you’re still game and I’ve struck out by fall maybe I’d buy yours? Also, We’re down in your neck of the woods regularly during fire season. In fact I’ll be at Van nuys and San Diego briefly today, and then by late season seems as though we usually spend a lot of time at San Bernardino fire base, so lots of ways to look at skipping the shipping hassle.
Cheers