Flyscreen / Bikini fairing from Duke Monster?

Grim

I heard whispers that since the headlight is the same, and the clocks are almost the same, then a screen from a 2000 -ish Monster 600/900 might fit a V11 sport.
I am doing a few bigger trips and noticed that constant 70/80mph is a bit draining.

I have found Universal screens like Puig fit straigh on the main headlight bucket bolts, but some are very ugly. I think an original Bikini would be best, but rocking horse poop in the UK.

I found this M900 one, looks like it fits the handlebar clamps!? So the chances of that fitting are slim

s.gifs-l1600.jpg

Also found a Griso one, did they use the same brackets and headlight?

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

I believe both of those options attach to the bolts that tighten the top triple clamp around the fork tubes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

I believe both of those options attach to the bolts that tighten the top triple clamp around the fork tubes.

I think you're right about the monster one, the Griso one has the plates attached to the screen, I can't seem to find any photos of how it might be attached.

With a bit more investigation, it looks like the Monster light sits in a horshoe shaped frame that blots to the bottom steering clamp. This then has 2 bolt holes a tthe top, providing fixing points for the fairing, So that is a no go.

The Griso owner told me he though the supports bolted to the undeersirte fo the top clamp? So probably no good.

I must be doomed to get and aftermarker flyscreen, ugly as they are!

Eventually found a nice NOS fairing made by Fabbri, so at least it's Italian. I'll post pics when I get it, if it's not embarrassing...

• Like 1