Scusi….Scura coming thru…

PJPR01

Super nice day for a ride on the Scura in the forest and surrounding areas…with a nice stop for cool drinks at the Classic Rock cafe to visit Cash and Mick!  

Had to celebrate the good news that the Stones are back on tour again and coming soon…with the last show at COTA in Austin!  Still have tickets so it’s a go!

4F2D4285-0700-4990-9725-8FCAC7D5EF13.jpeg

4597E7D0-85B0-40CE-B0D1-8DCD860904CE.jpeg

3B755016-9605-4E6C-BA88-D6A23D700423.jpeg

B5A3963B-5C11-43FC-A0F0-371340F7DBF0.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice bike, beautiful day. The Stones! I can't believe they are still at it after all these years. I mean Fred and Wilma are pretty old by now.

What? Wait...oh never mind.

• Like 1

OK... we're posting Scura pics? I'll play.

IMG_7969.jpg

As for the Stones... wow, just wow that they are touring. I don't know if I am more surprised that Keith Richards or Ozzy Osborne are still with us... but they both gave us some great music.

Speaking of music... maybe this would be a good time to put some aftermarket pipes on that Texas Scura?

• Like 11

Scuras and more Scuras!!  Music to my ears!!  I’m open to suggestions on the pipes…the La Franconis sound good but is there a step up in sound from another brand?  School me on pipes please!!

Was lucky to see the Stones two years ago here in Houston…the day after Mick’s 76th birthday I think it was…what a show!

The Moto Guzzi Titanium pipes on mine give a rich, deep tone that is a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. They were OEM on a few special models, but are no longer available. Mistrals sound about the same as that. But there are probably lots of opinions on pipes. You can get carbon mistrals that will look similar to stock if you want to keep the look. And if you feel like spending even more, you can get a lighter Mistral crossover.

• Like 1

I went the Quill route. The cans are so much lighter than stock, as is the straight through crossover. The end cans come with a removeable baffle, which at point of  sale the dB can be chosen. I went for 95. Was impressed at a track noise check, they said it was 95db. The ground clearance is better too. They are real mellow until approaching 5000rpm on a strong throttle. Then on up it gets blood curdling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine came with Staintunes. Pretty throaty, but not obnoxious. Db killers out. With them, it is just so wrong. Recently rotated them up for a little more spiff.

IMG_3175.JPG

• Like 7

On 7/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, Scud said:

OK... we're posting Scura pics? I'll play.

IMG_7969.jpg

As for the Stones... wow, just wow that they are touring. I don't know if I am more surprised that Keith Richards or Ozzy Osborne are still with us... but they both gave us some great music.

Speaking of music... maybe this would be a good time to put some aftermarket pipes on that Texas Scura?

That's a beauty..

Ciao

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 7:07 AM, po18guy said:

Mine came with Staintunes. Pretty throaty, but not obnoxious. Db killers out. With them, it is just so wrong. Recently rotated them up for a little more spiff.

IMG_3175.JPGlLo

Lovely, but if you want a hero grazed side stand, I have two. Swap you one.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cabernet said:

Lovely, but if you want a hero grazed side stand, I have two. Swap you one.

You are a better more daring rider than I. What I have is a twice-scraped center stand. OK, it is from supporting the behemoth for pictures. Sidestands. On my TX650, I removed the sidestand and ground the mount off after it put me in a ditch on a fresh set of Dunlop K81s. Oddest thing I leanred from that is that Mikuni VM38s will idle upside down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have Mistral carbon cans ( no db killers ) with Stucchi crossover and open airbox lid.

Some have read this set-up before and gone whoa way too much, but it's not at all.

My wife who hates loud bikes ala open piped Harleys and inline 4's with race pipes LOVES the sound of the green one.

Also most people I ride with comment favourably on the sound.

My all time favourite bike note was a bevel duck with Conti's but this set up has nudged it from first place for me!

Cheers Guzzler.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, guzzler said:

I have Mistral carbon cans ( no db killers ) with Stucchi crossover and open airbox lid.

Some have read this set-up before and gone whoa way too much, but it's not at all.

My wife who hates loud bikes ala open piped Harleys and inline 4's with race pipes LOVES the sound of the green one.

Also most people I ride with comment favourably on the sound.

My all time favourite bike note was a bevel duck with Conti's but this set up has nudged it from first place for me!

Cheers Guzzler.

That guzzler-mobile . . . :thumbsup:

DSC00449.JPG

• Like 6

On 7/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, po18guy said:

IMG_3175.JPG

I have the same; Australian Stay In Tune, and they do. However, the company went belly up, and was picked up by an auto parts.

I have always had the conception that the original ”chamber type” mufflers were made by Lafranconi.  And the original Titanium -kit ”absorption type” mufflers by Mistral?  But according Guzzi specs so that the ones Mistral is selling themselves, are not identical regarding the attachment to the tail pipe.  I have the carbon oval version – it would be interesting to know how the Mistral oval titaniums differ from the Guzzi original (oval) titanium mufflers?

I feel thalt the removable Db -killer is also a plus point on Mistrals, which can be finetuned according the liking of the user.  For example I personally feel that the Db -killers off, the sound is a bit too loud, with the approved (CE) Db -killers on, too sniffy.

Mistrals.jpg

Edited by Camn
Added photos
  • Like 3