Tire Changer - Free to Good Home

Scud

I've got a Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer, all set up with the Mojo Blocks and mounted on a pallet. I've done a bunch of tire changes on it, but recently upgraded to a No-Mar changer with a hitch mount for my truck.

Free to whoever can come get it in Carlsbad, CA.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The pallet is bit under 4 x 4 feet. But it's easily removed. The changer itself is maybe 3 1/2 feet tall. And this was a self-assembled thing, that can be knocked down. It came in a pretty small box.

And yes, I still have it and am still trying to find it a home. Any home. I don't care if it's a good home (no offense).

• Like 1

Hi Scud,

If you don't mind me asking.....Were you using the Mojolever with your HF changer?  If so, do you plan on using the Mojolever with the No-Mar changer or the No-Mar bar?  I bought a No-Mar changer but I'm having a rough way to go using their bar when reinstalling the tire.  I'd appreciate anything you have to offer on the subject.

Thanks,

Art

• Like 2

Let me see if I can channel my inner Pete Roper... the No-Mar bar is as useless as a dead dingo's donger.

In other words, I'm still using the Mojo lever. And Ru-glyde. Have not tried the No-Mar lube yet. And get those tires nice and warm in the sun - makes life easier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hi Scud,

Thanks for the quick response and advice.  I guess I'll get an order going for the Mojo Lever & Ru-glyde.  I'm familiar with the Ru-glyde from when I had access to a Coats pneumatic changer.

On another related note, my No-mar came with a wrinkle paint finish and on the drop down center post.  Some of the paint finish flakes off onto the wheel hub every time I lock down the post, I'm thinking about removing all the paint from the post....what were they thinking??!!

Anyway, thanks again,

Art

15 hours ago, guzziart said:

On another related note, my No-mar came with a wrinkle paint finish and on the drop down center post.  Some of the paint finish flakes off onto the wheel hub every time I lock down the post, I'm thinking about removing all the paint from the post....what were they thinking??!!

On the plus side, the clamps are excellent. It's easy to adjust to different wheel sizes. Those were my two main complaints with HF unit - I had to be ultra careful with the clamps, and the wheel would still spin, so I had to use a strap to hold it in place.

And FWIW - I used a bit a solid copper ground rod as the center post on my HF unit. I'll probably start using that on the No Mar now - because I am also disappointed by the flaking paint getting in the hub. No Mar was so close to a great product...

On 7/25/2021 at 11:02 AM, Scud said:

I've got a Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer, all set up with the Mojo Blocks and mounted on a pallet. I've done a bunch of tire changes on it, but recently upgraded to a No-Mar changer with a hitch mount for my truck.

Free to whoever can come get it in Carlsbad, CA.

I have a tech question.

You say "Free to whoever can come get it in Carlsbad, CA."  

Wouldn't that be "whomever?"  :grin:

Seriously, on the merits of tire changers, I bought a No-Mar a few months ago.  Have not used it (successfully) in combat operations, in the sense of fully swapping an old tire to a new tire on same rim, though I have removed a tire from a rim.  While not (quite) as disgusted a Motormike over on wildguzzi ...

Cursing His No-Mar

... it's been a struggle.  I have some adult supervision coming over tomorrow to help me change out a front on my Griso and, possibly, if time permits, the rear on my EV.

Will be curious if you can break the code along with the bead.

Best,

Bill

Scud, Thanks for the copper ground rod suggestion!   I ordered a Mojo Lever and will go at the NM again.  I see where you had posted at WGC back in August and I had commented there too but totally forgot about the thread there. Oops, old age hurts.

Bill, Goodluck to ya!

• 1 year later...

No -  the Harbor Freight unit is gone. But if you want to try the No Mar unit, you can bring your wheels and new tires over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Kid came upon a cheap but good tire changer. He texted one of the Wisconsin guys that he could come over for free tire changes.

The Wisconsin guy texted back, "does that include the tires?" (guzzi content) :grin:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scud,

Since my last post, I got the Mojolever and have had no problems changing tires on the nomar, I've done 7 so far.  Also, I lightly sanded the nomar center post and no longer get flaking wrinkle paint sloughing off of it but still like your ground rod recommendation to replace that post, it is on my "to do" list.  

Art

• Like 1