Jump to content
IGNORED

How to read the TPS


red lion
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, red lion said:

So  your saying that the caspers connector is more accurate then just using pins or wires. I think i will buy them.  thanks.

A connection is a connection. What the Caspers does is reduce the hassle and frustration. With a pair of multimeter terminals on the two loose ends, it is much much easier. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, po18guy said:

A connection is a connection. What the Caspers does is reduce the hassle and frustration. With a pair of multimeter terminals on the two loose ends, it is much much easier. 

Agreed. It is a fiddly enough operation without fiddly connections (pinning and back-probing connections). The Break-out Harness reduces the fiddlinessness.

@po18guy's direct meter connections are brilliant and take out even more of the fiddly connections. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, docc said:

Agreed. It is a fiddly enough operation without fiddly connections (pinning and back-probing connections). The Break-out Harness reduces the fiddlinessness.

@po18guy's direct meter connections are brilliant and take out even more of the fiddly connections. :thumbsup:

Considering how fussy this is to set the last thing you need is "spiked" wires to get your reading. Just add another layer of fussiness you don't need.

Ciao

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Considering how fussy this is to set the last thing you need is "spiked" wires to get your reading. Just add another layer of fussiness you don't need.

Ciao

I am such a spaz that I would be making sparks where sparks do not need to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 11:35 AM, po18guy said:

I am such a spaz that I would be making sparks where sparks do not need to be.

No it probably wont be arcing (unless your doing something very dodgy) it's just fiddly enough without worrying about spiked connections creating variability or coming unspiked etc. If I was on a trip and needed to do it on the side of the road or something I'd do it but it wouldn't be my first choice in the way I approached it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, red lion said:

So  your saying that the caspers connector is more accurate then just using pins or wires. I think i will buy them.  thanks.

With regard to accuracy, it occurred to me that the cheap meter I carry on the Sport is fine to check battery voltage or continuity (+/- 0.2 volts), but not nearly accurate enough to set the TPS baseline  (+/- 0.003 volts?)

@red lion, I wonder if your reading is more a limit of your voltmeter and not an actual TPS fault . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...