WooHoo

guzzler

Well, finally managed to get out on the bike yesterday!

After 10 weeks of covid lockdowns  ( total of 3 x weeks ) crap weather ( plenty ) family commitments ( 1 x weekend catch up between lockdowns ) and household chores I was asked to help out at one of our metropolitan branches due to staffing shortages yesterday. ( been working from home last 12 x months )

It's about 80 kays ( 50 miles ) away and I thought bloody ripper I'm taking the bike even if it fookin snows!!

So 5.15am and a balmy 6 degrees I'm togged up and hit the starter.Jeezuz, she's not been used for 10 weeks and she explodes into life at the slightest touch of the button.

I reckon she's looking forward to this as much as I am!

So even though it was just a commute/drone down the highway it was great to be on the bike again and I can take the longer twistier fun way home after work!

Well it wasn't quite meant to be, the weather decided to turn, really strong winds down by the coast not so much fun and knackered after a crazy day so thought I'll take another less fun but better than the highway way home.

Bugger just before the turn off the low fuel light starts flickering on so that's out as no gas stations that way.

No choice but to just drone down the highway again and stop for gas at the servo close to home.

Ha ha bloke at the servo really loved the bike and could'nt get over the colour!

Surely that's not a standard paint job ha ha . ( she's a greenie )

Anyways hit the back road behind the servo  and gave her a taste of the  redline in second third and fourth just to clear the cobwebs !

Ahhhhh SUBLIME before constabulary paranoia set in.I'd seen a few rozzers about as this is the first weekend of freedom after the latest lockdown.

Home, change and a glass of Shiraz in front of the fire with the wife and the weekend to look forward to.

Bloody Marvelous.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

You need to fashion that story into some kind of Greeting Card.

From one Guzzi rider to another what its all about.

• Like 2

Great story of the reality of the routine peaks and valleys of motorcycling. Why we keep at it is a mystery to non-riders, but we know. :bike:

OTOH, I had to run it through my Ozian translator app to understand some of it.  :grin:

Not quite so challenging as reading this -- A History of Wales by John Davies -- which has me mumbling and cursing just now, but several words did give me as much pause as some of those characters and placenames.  ;)

Bill

• Like 1