What about the Silveries

Guzzimax

When it comes to the red frame V11’s, the Greenies always seem to get the attention. What about the “Silveries”. Rarer than the Greenies, but classy & subtlety understated in their traditional silver finish. I don’t think they are drab, they have a classic cafe racer look, and the color really suits the V11

D74A17C6-90DB-4048-9FEB-C0C997CF5C71.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

When it comes to the red frame V11’s, the Greenies always seem to get the attention. What about the “Silveries”. Rarer than the Greenies, but classy & subtlety understated in their traditional silver finish. I don’t think they are drab, they have a classic cafe racer look, and the color really suits the V11

D74A17C6-90DB-4048-9FEB-C0C997CF5C71.jpeg

Perhaps it is the color  "the V11 was drawn from" by Luciano Marabese .

Gambalunghino.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Love the early silver V11’s. Yours has black side panels & fender, please remind me was this a special edition? 

A79C17E1-1E27-475E-BB80-E6551A1671EA.jpeg

• Like 2

Not to step on KaleV11's response, but the bike came new with carbon front fender and windscreen. The side panels and chin spoiler were added later. 

I always liked the stock silver bike with the pipes, forks and bits, because they matched the engine paint the best of the original three colors offered. :2c:

• Thanks 1

I’ve said it before, but of the original 3 stock colors for the red framed V11s, I never seem to see black bikes, it’s green or silver here

5CC68CFD-2951-4217-AA07-7B1A4A83044A.jpeg

• Like 3

AC93EFD9-7EA9-4C4E-9B21-91DF154CECF8.jpeg

Any records of what this model was actually designated?  V11 Sport CF? V11 Sport Carbon? Carbon Sport?

Seems there were a couple "promotional editions" of the V11 sport in 2001. (USA only?) :huh2:

The silver V11 Sport "CF" with 2001 Rosso Mandello carbon fiber (one piece) front fender and cf flyscreen (unlike the accessory, color matched StucchiLuigi-made fiberglass bikini fairing that was available for the early Sports).

And the V11 Sport "TT" that was black over silver on a Red Frame (Only fifteen made? But by whom? The US distributor?)

DSCF3132_opt large.jpg

On 9/16/2022 at 11:18 AM, Guzzimax said:

Love the early silver V11’s. Yours has black side panels & fender, please remind me was this a special edition? 

A79C17E1-1E27-475E-BB80-E6551A1671EA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, docc said:

Any records of what this model was actually designated?  V11 Sport CF? V11 Sport Carbon? Carbon Sport?

Seems there were a couple "promotional editions" of the V11 sport in 2001. (USA only?) :huh2:

The silver V11 Sport with 2001 Rosso Mandello carbon fiber (one piece) front fender and cf flyscreen (unlike the accessory, color matched StucchiLuigi-made fiberglass bikini fairing that was available for the early Sports).

And the V11 Sport "TT" that was black over silver on a Red Frame (Only fifteen made? But by whom? The US distributor?)

DSCF3132_opt large.jpg

I don’t know all the details but I saw it on literature called either cafe carbon or carbon cafe. Numbers ? By whom ? 
And the fender and side covers I brought to a paint shop and had them clear coated, gloss. I like it better and will take the fly screen next and have it done. That’s why in the picture they appear black. They don’t look black in person. 

• Thanks 1

Just for fun and because I had some spare 3M automotive wrap in carbon fiber pattern, I wrapped the seat cowl. 
I like it. It’s removable though. 

5016CDDD-EDC3-4478-A0A7-E334DF7320F8.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, docc said:

The silver V11 Sport with 2001 Rosso Mandello carbon fiber (one piece) front fender and cf flyscreen (unlike the accessory, color matched StucchiLuigi-made fiberglass bikini fairing that was available for the early Sports).

DSCF3132_opt large.jpg

Docc, I remember getting a little bit of sales literature when I purchased the bike new. To my knowledge it was a late 2000 built red frame listed as a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport CF, I assume for Carbon fiber. I bought the bike in 2002 after the Lemans and blacked out motor advancements had hit the showroom floor, so it was kind of languishing on the dealer floor next to its peers. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Docc , you had asked if I had any more info on my Silvery… Here is the sales literature for my 2001 “V11 SportCF Special Edition”. It does say “Available in North America only”. I couldn’t find any references to it online, I just had the printed page from 2003 in a file at home. 

0A175193-5021-45FD-89EB-71B0EF22EF67.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 9/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, docc said:

The silver V11 Sport "CF" with 2001 Rosso Mandello carbon fiber (one piece) front fender and cf flyscreen (unlike the accessory, color matched StucchiLuigi-made fiberglass bikini fairing that was available for the early Sports).

DSCF3132_opt large.jpg

Taking a look at this again, I really like the Black over Silver Sport TT.