August 5th, 2021; Valentino Rossi announces he his retiring at the end of this MotoGP season!

34 minutes ago, p6x said:

Seriously? or is it una barzelletta?

I was bidding on the fact that not everyone would be able to distinguish a Le Mans from a Panigale V2. Both have two cylinders. My experience is that the people filtering the entrances have little understanding of Italian motorbikes.

It's a small joke, I created the island with my Scura, and after the race saw another guy on a V11, but riding the other direction.  So if we get John to ride down on his Greenie, a red Lemans and a Scura...we'll have the M&M collection for our own island!

Speaking of jokes...my Guzzi friends in Italy would always say:  Ducati, Ducati...soldi buttati!  :)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, LowRyter said:

I think you got it right.  Canceled for the next race but I can't imagine that Yamaha would let him in the door if this is true.

If you watched the race, or read the reports, Viñales had to start from the pit lane, because he had stalled the bike on the grid. He had some sort of clutch problem.

But for Yamaha to take such a decision, like telling everybody they suspected foul play by MV, I am very surprised.

Japanese are not usually like this. They are more secretive.

4 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

It's a small joke, I created the island with my Scura, and after the race saw another guy on a V11, but riding the other direction.  So if we get John to ride down on his Greenie, a red Lemans and a Scura...we'll have the M&M collection for our own island!

Speaking of jokes...my Guzzi friends in Italy would always say:  Ducati, Ducati...soldi buttati!  :)

I think you need to attach one of those trackers where your island is going to be... I think there are quite a few bikes in that parking lot...:)

The Ducati slogan may have been correct back in the 70's. In our group, we had a Ducati 350 Desmo, and he had to change the rod's bearings as often as he had to change the oil.

Then he got the 450 Desmo.

In 1974, there was a 750 SS for sale at my dealership, but I was too obsessed with 2 strokes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PJPR01 said:

I'll probably take the Greenie to Okla Campout.  If I ride to COTA, I'll ride the Ducati, although I've ridden the Greenie there 3 times. 

BTW- I think these are back to back weekends. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I'll probably take the Greenie to Okla Campout.  If I ride to COTA, I'll ride the Ducati, although I've ridden the Greenie there 3 times. 

BTW- I think these are back to back weekends. 

I am confused; on the COTA website, they say bike parking is free of charge. When I check the Motogp website, parking is USD 50.00, no specification bike or cars.

$229 for the Grand Stand?

Back to back week-ends? no, there is only one GP scheduled, then they fly to Malaysia, the one before is the San Marino one.

I have read that BRNO opted out of the circuit because Dorna raised the cost of hosting a MotoGP race.

Noticed the teaser on COTA's website is Mark Marquez.... sign of times changing.... prices from COTA direct seem to be cheaper.

1 hour ago, p6x said:

I am confused; on the COTA website, they say bike parking is free of charge. When I check the Motogp website, parking is USD 50.00, no specification bike or cars.

$229 for the Grand Stand?

Back to back week-ends? no, there is only one GP scheduled, then they fly to Malaysia, the one before is the San Marino one.

I have read that BRNO opted out of the circuit because Dorna raised the cost of hosting a MotoGP race.

Noticed the teaser on COTA's website is Mark Marquez.... sign of times changing.... prices from COTA direct seem to be cheaper.

OK,  Let's unpack this.

1.  COTA is always a rip-off IMO, this year is even worse.  I think they may be talking about premium parking vs bike coral parking vs standard free parking....but I don't know.  Just as bad are the hotel and lodging prices in A-town.  What is COTA direct?

2.  The back to back weekend was meant for COTA MotoGP and then the Okla Guzzi Campout the following weekend that Paul and I usually attend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, from what I have heard all Yamaha did was withdraw his entry for the second race in Austria. He is sitting this race out. It remains to be seen if they part ways now or put him back on the factory Yamaha for the remainder of the season.

I would not wish Mav on a team I hate, so I certainly don't wish him on Aprilia. They don't have enough money to pay someone like Mav to ride around at the back trying to blow up his bike. I would ride it for free and not even try to blow it up.....

• Like 1

Yes Mav was only withdrawn from the next race.  In fact, his entire team will sit out and not travel to the race.   But when the rider deliberately tries to blow up the engine, and those engines have extended life limits by rule, I'd say he's gone. 

Like Steal Your Face, gone.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LowRyter said:

OK,  Let's unpack this.

1.  COTA is always a rip-off IMO, this year is even worse.  I think they may be talking about premium parking vs bike coral parking vs standard free parking....but I don't know.  Just as bad are the hotel and lodging prices in A-town.  What is COTA direct?

2.  The back to back weekend was meant for COTA MotoGP and then the Okla Guzzi Campout the following weekend that Paul and I usually attend.

Gotcha!

Austin used to be my "week-end" city, especially because of the Sixth Street.

As the California based companies started to spawn there, the accommodation prices went sky rocketing. But the city has a lot of good vibes. My former company had a product center there. I applied for a transfer and I got Houston instead.

As for prices, its becoming ludicrous...

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Yes Mav was only withdrawn from the next race.  In fact, his entire team will sit out and not travel to the race.   But when the rider deliberately tries to blow up the engine, and those engines have extended life limits by rule, I'd say he's gone. 

Like Steal Your Face, gone.

Maverick is at the track, he made a video of himself "on the other side" of the track.

He promised he would give a rationale will explain what happened.... in due time! possibly once he gets released from his obligations from Yamaha?

Talks about him going to Aprilia are getting traction.

Should we start a MotoGP thread?

12 hours ago, LowRyter said:

OK,  Let's unpack this.

In fact, the Moto GP weekend is also the same weekend as the GRIT RALLY...Guzzi Riders in Texas, up in Lindale.  But since Oklahoma rally is on the calendar already, I'd rather go to Moto GP 1st weekend of October, and then Oklahoma rally the following weekend.  If Moto GP gets cancelled, I may do the GRIT rally, it's an easy 200 miler up from Houston, and Oklahoma is another 200 miles north of that.

22 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

In fact, the Moto GP weekend is also the same weekend as the GRIT RALLY...Guzzi Riders in Texas, up in Lindale.  But since Oklahoma rally is on the calendar already, I'd rather go to Moto GP 1st weekend of October, and then Oklahoma rally the following weekend.  If Moto GP gets cancelled, I may do the GRIT rally, it's an easy 200 miler up from Houston, and Oklahoma is another 200 miles north of that.

GRIT? as in the food?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, p6x said:

GRIT? as in the food?

I would guess it is GRIT as in Guzzi Rally In Texas.

But it could be a celebration of Grits, that would be delicious.

• Like 1

Almost...as I posted above...GRIT = Guzzi Riders in Texas.  I've never seen Tex or Beaver serve grits at our GRIT rally, but Tex does make some amazing banana/walnut breads for breakfast, and Prescott and team usually help out with a very generous pasta lunch/dinner.  You won't leave hungry that's for sure...it is Texas after all!

Speaking of grits...the other day, I had some Gouda Grits...simply amazing combo.