Snapped engine mount stud?

jetboy

Yeah, that is curiously odd damage with the timing chest bosses broken and the odd exhaust crush.

00o0o_cKWyeF2gXK5z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

One of our members has investigated in person and we may soon know more about this curious listing . . .

Well whatever caused it it is comprehensively 'Donald Ducked'. The timing chest and probably the crankcase are smashed. With that sort of twisting and energy from the impact I'd guess there may well be other casing damage as well. You'd want to check the forks very carefully as well.

In all honesty $2K is a big ask. It was a nice bike. Note the tense.......

• Like 1

$500 parts bike. "If" the wheels are straight and the Odyssey is good. T-boned at an intersection? The crushed LaFranconi shows serious impact and the spine is bent clockwise something like 20º

• Like 1

The listing has been removed.

Can you actually lift the bike by inserting an hydraulic jack underneath the sump like it seemed on the photo? wouldn't the sump collapse?

22 hours ago, docc said:

So odd, to me that all the foot and hand levers are all intact.  My levers break off if I fart or otherwise hiccup abruptly. :unsure:

It seemed to me that he hit something with the front, bent the chassis. The bike may have pivoted under the impact and hit something on the right (plot, guard rail,) which prevented it from falling. That would explain the gash of the exhaust but nothing else scrapped or mauled.

1 minute ago, gstallons said:

No , you can pick it up by the oil pan.

Agreed, have done it several times, but with some plywood to give the fins something to sink into instead of breaking off.

Also, it is intended to support the weight of the bike; the factory stand comes with a little support that goes under the sump. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p6x said:

Can you actually lift the bike by inserting an hydraulic jack underneath the sump like it seemed on the photo? wouldn't the sump collapse?

I made this attachment for the floor jack to fit the sump. I used it when I removed the motor. I can use it with the rear stand to raise the front when needed.

jack.JPG

• Like 2

I have it on good authority that it was sold to a WG member that has some uncompleted projects sitting around. For years..:huh2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

I have it on good authority that it was sold to a WG member that has some uncompleted projects sitting around. For years..:huh2:

What does WG mean?

Bikes in this kind of state use to be the bread and butter of "junk yards". They can make so much money by selling the parts. Even more they aren't that many around.