Moto Guzzi V85TT by Guareschi participates to the Italian Motorally

The 85TT was prepared by Gianfranco e Vittoriano Guareschi, historic Moto Guzzi custom shop in Parma.

Placed at the 9th and 8th place against the usual Yamaha and KTM.

It looks nice!

2021-08-11_08-31-022021-08-11_08-32-11

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Impressive. I wonder if they modified the engine at all. The rally tower is cool, and it looks they have a roll-chart holder on it. I also like that massive skid plate that even protect the lower header pipe from deep, narrow, rocky gaps.

7 hours ago, Scud said:

Impressive. I wonder if they modified the engine at all. The rally tower is cool, and it looks they have a roll-chart holder on it. I also like that massive skid plate that even protect the lower header pipe from deep, narrow, rocky gaps.

They added the protections around the engine, and the fixture to hold all the compulsory dashboard information, Tripmaster and electronic Roadbook, as you thought correctly.

They replaced the stock exhaust with a Zard system in titanium. The front suspension had Andreani elements and the rear suspension mono was substituted with one specific from Öhlins.

The spoke wheels were equipped with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR (with foam); the two front rotors were replaced by Biting Performance 290mm OD ones with reduced surface to mitigate possible damage from projections.

Zard slip on exhaust system for Moto Guzzi V85TT

Andreani fork cartridge for Moto Guzzi V85TT

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, p6x said:

The 85TT was prepared by Gianfranco e Vittoriano Guareschi, historic Moto Guzzi custom shop in Parma.

Placed at the 9th and 8th place against the usual Yamaha and KTM.

It looks nice!

2021-08-11_08-31-022021-08-11_08-32-11

8th and 9th? That seems like an admirable outcome considering the competition . . .

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Behold! A turd that has been rolled in glitter!

Some pretty fancy glitter though... oooohh... shiny....

Seriously, I haven't ridden a V85, but it seems to make a lot of people happy. From what I gather, the Stelvio is still more capable off-road despite it's weight. Mine does pretty well in the places I've taken it, which do not include any difficult technical terrain because I really don't want to drop it and be forced to lift the fat toad.

My Husky 701 will leave that for dead... but that's a whole different animal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, docc said:

8th and 9th? That seems like an admirable outcome considering the competition . . .

There is one more race in September. First is (of course) a Yamaha Ténéré 700, and second KTM Adventure 790, third is another Ténéré. All considered, the V85TT did reasonably well.

If I had to race in that kind of Rally, a Moto Guzzi would certainly not be my first choice.

• Like 1

I read up a bit on that race. Seems only about 1/2 the entrants even finished. Sometimes, racing to finish is as important to a brand as racing to win. I think that's especially true in the Adventure bike category, where buyers want a bike that will get them home more than one that will be faster than everyone else.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, pete roper said:

Behold! A turd that has been rolled in glitter!

A turd, hmm, surely by now, with the sales that the V85 has generated, you cannot call it a turd anymore.  Maybe the specs aren't to one's liking, but it has been a commercial success so far and riders' reviews have been much more positive than negative.

• Like 1

Hardly an appropriate analogy, Guzzi isn’t peddling junk or artery clogging bits!  If it is drawing new riders to the brand and existing ones to loosen their purse strings,  that’s a good result.  It isn’t exactly falling apart either, so by what measure other than preferred specs is it a failure?

i suppose when it starts suffering major recalls and pieces start to fail it can be called for its shortcomings.  

• Like 1

I've ridden the TT.  It isn't a bad bike.  Sometimes a Quarter Pounder with Cheese hits the spot.  But normally I'd rather have a Whopper or if I'm in New Mexico, a Blake's Green Chili LottaBurger.

maxresdefault.jpg

Almost anything can be improved with a huge green chili, especially if it's from Hatch, New Mexico.

What were we talking about? 

Oh yeah, is the V85TT more like a spicy green pepper or a cold-pressed disc of ground cow flesh on bleached white bread?