Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black

VtwinStorm

2 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Welcome to the club! although I have not been a member for a long time.

You will not be disappointed!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Congratulations and welcome to the madness mate!

Yep must get the seat cowl too...

Cheers Guzzler

You bet! I'll forget trying to get the unobtanium MAGNI fairing and just get the seat cowl and the machine will be completed for my tastes...some fluids, and a new set of DIABLO Rosso  Corsa 3s... Can't wait!

• Like 1

Hey, that (rare) RedFrame >black< Sport has a sweet Givi flyscreen on it already.

Gives you the option to go *nekkid* when the mood strikes you !

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Yes...almost indecent. Exposed engine, cafe half-fairing, it just looks so "right". The LeMans fairing is also lovely.

Finally, the ladies are going to take notice of you.... :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, p6x said:

Finally, the ladies are going to take notice of you.... :lol:

I have two 900SSes...they notice me already. The Guzzi  V11 is just extra dripping cheese on my lasagna. :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I have two 900SSes...they notice me already. The Guzzi  V11 is just extra dripping cheese on my lasagna. :D

Over the years, including ten spent in Italy, I found out you only get respected when you are on a V11...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, VtwinStorm said:

Finally! The shipper picked up my V11 Sport from Texas today. No ETA yet, but she's on her way to my Guzzi dealer! Woooooo!!!

v2.jpg

v13.jpg

v16.jpg

v7.jpg

• Like 3

Today, my bike arrived.

It is an 8.5/10, with 10 looking new off the showroom floor.

I can work with this bike. Everything is there, and she wasn't beat to $h!t like every other V11 I saw locally. Naturally, all the sticky eagle badges are missing. :lol:

I'll order 4 of those (two for side covers, one for generator cover, a new one for the triple tree)...

I didn't get to ride it, and the earliest they can get it in the shop is Nov., so, it is what it is.

She started first time, very strong, very nice sounding. The upswept Mistrals (?) have a nice booming sound, but not very obnoxious. No smoke on startup, so valve stem seals should still be okay. When running, held in the clutch...yep, it's a Guzzi. Rattle rattle...:lol: I'm more and more getting the appeal of these machines.

I asked them to replace all the fluids (incl. fork oil), do throttle sync, valve adjustment, new fuel and vacuum lines, new metal fuel filter, cut me two new key blanks, and mount a set of Diablo IIIs...plus, if they find anything else, I asked them to let me know. Darn, I need to ask them to mount a Roper tray while they have her. No oil starvation for me, please!

I didn't realize how tiny the V11 is in person until now. Just slightly bigger than my M696. The V11 is even sexier in person, especially in black. Yowza!

I guess I'll get to ride her in 2022, because the shop is swamped with work at the moment.

Oh, well. Something to look forward to next year then.

Enjoy your V11s, friends. I will join you on the roads with mine next year, unless a miracle occurs...Going to be a loooooong winter.

• Like 5

Nothing more exciting than a new toy!  Early Xmas present...enjoy!  Maybe you can "sweeten" the incentive for the shop to work on a Sunday or two...several boxes of donuts or kolaches or whatever their favorite snack is might bring you forward in the work queue.  Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Nothing more exciting than a new toy!  Early Xmas present...enjoy!  Maybe you can "sweeten" the incentive for the shop to work on a Sunday or two...several boxes of donuts or kolaches or whatever their favorite snack is might bring your forward in the work queue.  Have fun!

Well, they already have. "25% off service work starting Nov."...Didn't even ask. I'll bring the shop two dozen donuts and coffee from Dunks, just as a thank you. They do great work at Seacoast Sport Cycle (not a paid endorsement, just honest).

If the total RO is under $2k, I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Twin AH said:

Your going to love this machine if you can give it time.............

Ciao

Time is thankfully the one thing I have in abundance. I think she will need a couple shakedown runs to get her totally dialed in after all the service she needs doing. I have zero service history, so replacing all the fluids, valve adjustment and new tires is the minimum I feel comfortable with. She may need more loving. We just don't know until November.

I know she's going to need love. Don't know if the dreaded ODO and speedo cables have packed up yet. They just need to go through the V11 top to bottom before I get her back.

I think tomorrow morning I will swing by with a couple dozen donuts and steal a quick ride, if it's not raining.

She appears to be pretty well loved...but again, no service history, so I won't take any chances.

I think I got a good machine. I'm over the moon excited. I'm happy to have actually been able to join the cult of big block Guzzis!!!

13 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

sorry you got the slow black one.  But you'll be fine  :grin:

Would have loooooved a clean green one, or a silver one. Black was not my first choice, but, given the mileage (under 13k), price ($5500+$650 shipped to my dealer), and the clean overall condition, I can't really complain. She also sounds strong. That is very important to me.

Again, I think I got lucky.

Would have loved a champagne V11 LeMans, but those were thin on the ground, so I got a V11 Sport. So far, I'm pretty happy. Got a sweet bikini fairing too! 

Can't wait to actually ride her...like an attractive curvy Italian woman. 😂

I'm such a b@stard. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1