Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black

VtwinStorm

4 hours ago, Scud said:

The V11 bug has bit you hard. 

Gentlemen... place your wagers for date he buys a second V11. I'm putting a dollar down on February 14, 2022.

I vote for an upgrade to a Sport1100i. ;p

No seriously - more oomph, even better looks, and if the V11 is like riding a biplane, the Sporti is like riding a steam locomotive. I'm still as in love as I was in 1997. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Thank you!

I went on Hyperpro's site and for a V11, all I found were front and rear fork springs and fluid. Do you have a link for a rear shock with the remote reservoir that just bolts up?

25 minutes ago, Scud said:

As I recall, the Ohlins has a slightly taller spring than the Sachs unit, and Hypro asked if I'd rather have the shock made to match the Sachs specs or the Ohlins specs. Easy decision.

Can you tell me more Tim? What was your decision and why?

2 minutes ago, Kremmen said:

I vote for an upgrade to a Sport1100i. ;p

No seriously - more oomph, even better looks, and if the V11 is like riding a biplane, the Sporti is like riding a steam locomotive. I'm still as in love as I was in 1997. :lol:

Well, Kremmen, a Guzzi 1100i is a very, very rare eagle in the States. Only slightly less rare than an OHC Daytona.

Guzzi 1100is aren't exactly growing on trees like throwaway GSX-R 600s...

2 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

I went on Hyperpro's site and for a V11, all I found were front and rear fork springs and fluid. Do you have a link for a rear shock with the remote reservoir that just bolts up?

Just contact Hyperpro directly. They will take all the info about the bike, your weight, riding style, etc. and build you a shock. Penske and Wilbers will do the same. 

2 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Can you tell me more Tim? What was your decision and why?

I had them build it to the Ohlins spec. It's been a while, but if memory serves, part of the reason for the better handling on the Ohlins bikes is the taller rear spring (as compared to the Sachs unit).

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Scud said:

Just contact Hyperpro directly. They will take all the info about the bike, your weight, riding style, etc. and build you a shock. Penske and Wilbers will do the same. 

I had them build it to the Ohlins spec. It's been a while, but if memory serves, part of the reason for the better handling on the Ohlins bikes is the taller rear spring (as compared to the Sachs unit).

Thank you, Scud! Will do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s a very nice black red-framed V11. Here in the UK they’re rarer than hens teeth. I cannot remember ever seeing a black one here. A few silver ones, the odd greenie, but never black. I’d be interested to know the no’s of each color that were made. It looks terrific with that bikini fairing. Enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Guzzimax.

I bought a 100 year anniversary book on Guzzi, and no production numbers are listed. Unlike every Ian Falloon Ducati book I own... because I was also interested in production numbers for colors, years, etc.

Black was not my first choice in color for the V11, but after finding nothing but clapped-out, high mileage, overpriced, abused examples of the breed locally...I expanded my search for the best V11 Sport I could find in the entire US.

I found this one around 1200 miles away, and after a non smoking startup video...I paid over the phone and got her in 2 weeks.

I would have loved a greenie V11 Sport, but I couldn't find one. That color really adds to the personality of the motorcycle. I think the Givi bikini fairing adds some balance to the front, really looks great and I'll be keeping it.

Never could find production numbers anywhere...if anyone knows, I'd love to know. For the V11, with no actual sources, I hear around 5k bikes a year...but don't quote me on that, as it is hearsay.

Love my burly V11. What a cracking motor!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Thank you, Guzzimax.

I bought a 100 year anniversary book on Guzzi, and no production numbers are listed. Unlike every Ian Falloon Ducati book I own... because I was also interested in production numbers for colors, years, etc.

Black was not my first choice in color for the V11, but after finding nothing but clapped-out, high mileage, overpriced, abused examples of the breed locally...I expanded my search for the best V11 Sport I could find in the entire US.

I found this one around 1200 miles away, and after a non smoking startup video...I paid over the phone and got her in 2 weeks.

I would have loved a greenie V11 Sport, but I couldn't find one. That color really adds to the personality of the motorcycle. I think the Givi bikini fairing adds some balance to the front, really looks great and I'll be keeping it.

Never could find production numbers anywhere...if anyone knows, I'd love to know. For the V11, with no actual sources, I hear around 5k bikes a year...but don't quote me on that, as it is hearsay.

Love my burly V11. What a cracking motor!

Also, a red frame V11 Sport in black with the silver engine, trans, bevel box, and wheels really looks classy.

She's timeless, ageless, like a fitted tuxedo. The V11 is a criminally underrated machine.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Also, a red frame V11 Sport in black with the silver engine, trans, bevel box, and wheels really looks classy.

She's timeless, ageless, like a fitted tuxedo. The V11 is a criminally underrated machine.

Classy? Yes!! Tuxedo? :glare:

I was thinking more black party dress with red pumps . . .

2109747581_95c2d42051.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, docc said:

Classy? Yes!! Tuxedo? :glare:

I was thinking more black party dress with red pumps . . .

2109747581_95c2d42051.jpg

I'm in love.

As usual, Docc, right as always.

I daydream about April 2022 almost daily now... can't wait to ride again.

1 minute ago, VtwinStorm said:

I'm in love.

As usual, Docc, right as always.

I daydream about April 2022 almost daily now... can't wait to ride again.

Pretty sure we all feel for ya, buddy. Personally, I surely don't have the patience or restraint to do what you have done and sit it out until spring to be riding a sweet RedFrame V11 Sport.

Cold front passing tonight here. Tomorrow will be the most joyous, Mandello-like weather mySport will have breathed since the spring. She absolutely loves it!  :race:

I can hardly wait for even just tomorrow! Cannot imagine waiting 'til spring . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, docc said:

Pretty sure we all feel for ya, buddy. Personally, I surely don't have the patience or restraint to do what you have done and sit it out until spring to be riding a sweet RedFrame V11 Sport.

Cold front passing tonight here. Tomorrow will be the most joyous, Mandello-like weather mySport will have breathed since the spring. She absolutely loves it!  :race:

I can hardly wait for even just tomorrow! Cannot imagine waiting 'til spring . . .

Well, you live in Tennessee... I'm stranded deep in New Hampshire. Late this week it will finally start dipping into the high 30s overnight.

I hate the short riding season here. It is a kick in the teeth every Nov- April.

Le Sigh.

Carve some corners and scrub some tires for me, Docc.

• Like 1