Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black

VtwinStorm

No need to wait till spring time….throw the bike on a trailer and head south…ride some nice roads while there’s still no snow…and head back home!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

No need to wait till spring time….throw the bike on a trailer and head south…ride some nice roads while there’s still no snow…and head back home!

If I were retired and had the time, sure. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Carve some corners and scrub some tires for me, Docc.

Consider it done!

IMG_5917.jpg?v=1634418770863

Glorious 133 mile day on hilly backroads, almost no traffic (I did pass that one Porsche. Because I could.)  Perfectly clear, dry 60ºF/ 16ºC.

Not the greatest view, but gives an idea of the roads here. This is the point that mySport posted an honest 200,000 kilometers.  And ran sooooo great all day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, docc said:

Consider it done!

IMG_5917.jpg?v=1634418770863

Glorious 133 mile day on hilly backroads, almost no traffic (I did pass that one Porsche. Because I could.)  Perfectly clear, dry 60ºF/ 16ºC.

Not the greatest view, but gives an idea of the roads here. This is the point that mySport posted an honest 200,000 kilometers.  And ran sooooo great all day!

Outstanding, Docc. I love roads with lots of elevation changes. I'm jealous.

I don't have my V11 here, but do I need a special wrench to drop the oil filter? The Guzzi Parts Catalogue doesn't list one under "tools".

Is that special wrench for earlier 5 speed Guzzis?

14 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Outstanding, Docc. I love roads with lots of elevation changes. I'm jealous.

I don't have my V11 here, but do I need a special wrench to drop the oil filter? The Guzzi Parts Catalogue doesn't list one under "tools".

Is that special wrench for earlier 5 speed Guzzis?

The "wide sump" (regardless of which gearbox) was designed for the round access plate to access the filter without removing the entire sump as in all prior Guzzi Big Blocks. It's value and use is the matter of some differing opinions. It is removed with a 27mm hex drive. While I don't recall Moto Guzzi actually built a special tool for this, there have been several aftermarket. One of the 27mm axle nuts can be put to task, as necessary. Be diligent and mindful re-installing it so as not to cross thread into the sump!

10 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Oh, one last thing, Docc: We want a glorious photo of the ODO as you crossed the 200k threshold!

Eh, well, my speedo is in miles. I had been trying to figure out how to get my Speedhut to display kilometers, but have not gotten there. So, while "124,274.2 miles" doesn't really look very interesting, I did get this on the lead up:

IMG_5862.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

The "wide sump" (regardless of which gearbox) was designed for the round access plate to access the filter without removing the entire sump as in all prior Guzzi Big Blocks. It's value and use is the matter of some differing opinions. It is removed with a 27mm hex drive. While I don;t recall Moto Guzzi actually built a special tool for this, there have been several aftermarket. One of the 27mm axle nuts can be put to task, as necessary. Be diligent and mindful re-installing it so as not to cross thread into the sump!

Eh, well, my speedo is in miles. I had been trying to figure out how to get my Speedhut to display kilometers, but have not gotten there. So, while "124,274.2 miles" doesn't really look very interesting, I did get this on the lead up:

IMG_5862.jpg

Docc, you are more useful than"Guzziology". Thank you, and congrats again.

May you and your Red Frame have another 20 years and 124k miles of safe, comfortable riding joy.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, docc said:

Pretty sure we all feel for ya, buddy. Personally, I surely don't have the patience or restraint to do what you have done and sit it out until spring to be riding a sweet RedFrame V11 Sport.

Cold front passing tonight here. Tomorrow will be the most joyous, Mandello-like weather mySport will have breathed since the spring. She absolutely loves it!  :race:

I can hardly wait for even just tomorrow! Cannot imagine waiting 'til spring . . .

Bloody hell.

I really feel for those in the Northern climes who have to lay their bikes up for the savage winters!

We're lucky in being able to ride year round down here and absolutely do so,I did grow up in Christchurch NZ where the winters are harder than Melbourne ( nothing like Europe & Nth America/Canada though )  and sure as hell don't miss the black ice etc and sliding down the road on my arse.

Ha ha too old for that shit  and thankfully don't see any of it where we are.

I do get a bit toey after a couple of weeks  if I can't get a ride in and with Covid lockdowns and a miserable wet winter it's been THREE WEEKS now!

Still not as bad as the time we moved house, 3 x MONTHS !!

If I had to do that every year I'd have myself measured up for a straight jacket and start padding the walls here in the house...

Things are looking up though as we're half way through Spring and it will get better.

For those of you laid up, hang in there eh,

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

I got the good news today, my V11 Sport is done. Nearly $2k, but she's in top running order for next Spring.

Next week she will be delivered to my storage unit with a totally empty tank. I will remove the battery and keep it on a maintainer, and I and my V11 will be ready for the warm happy roads ahead in 2022.

I want to thank Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH for getting my bike in and taking good care of me.

They aren't cheap, but you usually get what you pay for. Love these guys.

• Like 2

Got my V11 Sport delivered to my storage unit this morning. They installed the Roper plate/tray (see the Roper line now), and the bike looks amazing...but boy, oh boy...I hate the battery setup.

Guzzi, what the heck, guys?! lol

I know this has been asked, but is there a better, smaller, NON-lithium (AGM preferably) battery I can lay on its side and not have it leak or go ka-boom? Date code on mine is sometime in 2019...don't want to tax the starting and electrical system.

I am also leaving the fuel tank cap open to air out the next six months so the tank can de-swell, hopefully. Stupid plastic tanks...

Can't wait for Spring. The bike is just pure elegance. Will resize and post pics with my other bikes this weekend when I have some spare time...

With the limited clearance under the seat, mounting the battery basket below the seat frame might be worth looking at to clear those angled connectors. This drops the battery about 14mm, IIRC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

I've got three lines each on positive and negative terminals. It's nuts.

So these babies will help me with the V11?

26 minutes ago, docc said:

With the limited clearance under the seat, mounting the battery basket below the seat frame might be worth looking at to clear those angled connectors. This drops the battery about 14mm, IIRC.

Docc, you are awesome, man.

Thank you.

• Like 1