Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black

VtwinStorm

Do you do any of your own maintenance? Seems to me you could enjoy a ride with a minimal work:

• Flush the hydraulics (all 3) - and really, a short ride with the current fluid is probably not going to hurt anything. Brakes are easy, clutch fluid is a hassle the first time.
  • Valve clearances are easy enough to check, but if it's running well now, it's hardly urgent.
  • Fuel lines are probably fine... but worth doing over the winter.
  • I'm a fan of new tires... but hey, if they are in good shape and not 20 years old, just ride it. 

In short... I don't see anything that would stop me from taking it for a ride immediately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scud said:

Do you do any of your own maintenance? Seems to me you could enjoy a ride with a minimal work:

• Flush the hydraulics (all 3) - and really, a short ride with the current fluid is probably not going to hurt anything. Brakes are easy, clutch fluid is a hassle the first time.
  • Valve clearances are easy enough to check, but if it's running well now, it's hardly urgent.
  • I'm a fan of new tires... but hey, if they are in good shape and not 20 years old, just ride it. 

In short... I don't see anything that would stop me from taking it for a ride immediately.

I totally agree. This is more of my hangup than anything else.

Service history is a giant "?", and I hate unknowns. It's already with them, so I will let them go through it, top to bottom.

After I get it back, I will handle everything but clutch and tire replacement. I have 4 other bikes that have my attention as the riding season draws sadly to a close here in NE.

11 hours ago, Scud said:

Yup...........What Scud said.

These girls are pretty bullet proof but for sure get fresh sporting rubber on as fast as you can.

Best money you will ever spend.

If she hasn't been out for a while good chance it will run a little crappy ..... patience and heat cycles solve a lot of those problems I have found. :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 4

14 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Would have loooooved a clean green one, or a silver one. Black was not my first choice, but, given the mileage (under 13k), price ($5500+$650 shipped to my dealer), and the clean overall condition, I can't really complain. She also sounds strong. That is very important to me.

Again, I think I got lucky.

Would have loved a champagne V11 LeMans, but those were thin on the ground, so I got a V11 Sport. So far, I'm pretty happy. Got a sweet bikini fairing too! 

Can't wait to actually ride her...like an attractive curvy Italian woman. 😂

I'm such a b@stard. 😂

I think if you search here, you'll find the black one is the rarest of all the red frames.  Hard to say why but the red frames are among the best looking bikes of a family of spine frame best looking bikes.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I think if you search here, you'll find the black one is the rarest of all the red frames.  Hard to say why but the red frames are among the best looking bikes of a family of spine frame best looking bikes.

I think red frames really look great on the V11. Black frame, black engine, both are muted.

Ideally, red frame and silver engine looks best to me.

I'm happy with my machine. Very happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• docc changed the title to Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black
16 hours ago, Scud said:

Also, Scud, thank you for the springs, my friend!

• Like 1

Oui Oui, I bought the fairing already the Guzzi champagne factory paint color, and then bought extra side covers and seat cowl  and had some paint mixed to match and  added  the Italian flag emblems where the originals were. I kept all the stock parts so it can all be put back to stock.

Paul B

• Like 1

Hhhmm...interesting color choices there...was thinking that if you're going to put champagne pieces on it, then probably the red pieces definitely need to be orange, just so this Mimosa of a V11 can be properly color coded!  

Either way, it's probably going by so fast, it's a blur!  :)