IGNORED

Mine! V11 Sport RedFrame, black

VtwinStorm

5 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I've got three lines each on positive and negative terminals. It's nuts.

So these babies will help me with the V11?

Woudn't need ebay to do that upgrade, makes connecting cables, 2, like an IPA, oh well.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Woudn't need ebay to do that upgrade, makes connecting cables, 2, like an IPA, oh well.

Cheers

I can barely get a slim wrench in there to remove the battery. A ratchet is impossible!

This included "massaging" under the battery tray and "pressing" upward. If the tray were solid, it would have been even worse! The clearance is in mm...this is after removing the hold down strap completely, which gives me juuuuuuust enough help to make it possible, but it ain't a walk in the park!

I tend to install and remove m/c batteries often because I keep 3/5 bikes at a storage unit as I rotate them during the Spring...so any help in making this easier is so appreciated!

Not perfect, but easy undoing cables, you will be busy caring for her.
Cheers Tom 4970be86c2305adef0cc4c912fa54750.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

I know... just fiddly. 😆

59 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Bought a set... will mount them in the Spring... anything to make installation and removal of the battery easier!

11 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Bought a set... will mount them in the Spring... anything to make installation and removal of the battery easier!

When I made mine, a little JB weld to keep the nut THERE, not even a must using a wrench on it when tightening cables, again just me. 

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:
 docc said:
With the limited clearance under the seat, mounting the battery basket below the seat frame might be worth looking at to clear those angled connectors. This drops the battery about 14mm, IIRC.

Docc, you are awesome, man.

Thank you.

With the challenges I had on a variety of tight clearance issues working on the V11, I tried to do this relocation of the battery tray twice, it sounded easy and simple enough; I gave up in frustration on both unsuccessful attempts.

Iirc the main challenge on my bike, was one of the threaded nut tabs was off kilter and welded too close to the frame rail.

The 3rd successful attempt, involved bucket loads of patience, a variety of new longer bolts, and I may have had to resort to the use of a file, but I was very glad to finally relocate the tray mounted underneath the tabs;

As you're learning, it's a tight fit in there and every mm of extra clearance is a good thing.

fwiw  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

With the challenges I had on a variety of tight clearance issues working on the V11, I tried to do this relocation of the battery tray twice, it sounded easy and simple enough; I gave up in frustration on both unsuccessful attempts.

Iirc the main challenge on my bike, was one of the threaded nut tabs was off kilter and welded too close to the frame rail.

The 3rd successful attempt, involved bucket loads of patience, a variety of new longer bolts, and I may have had to resort to the use of a file, but I was very glad to finally relocate the tray mounted underneath the tabs;

As you're learning, it's a tight fit in there and every mm of extra clearance is a good thing.

fwiw  

Thank you... still it's worth it to have access to a machine of such charisma.

• Like 1

Granted, it drops the front, mostly. But rather dramatically. The V11 seat pan tends to sit down hard (especially on the early Sport), so dropping the battery mounting can help save the battery, as well.

IMG_0455.jpg

The simple solution @footgoose posted for improving the excessive number of terminal rings on the battery posts does not look like it really needs more space under the seat . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes docc my battery adapter setup is on my '02 and there is plenty of room. AND/but I had lowered my battery tray before I decided to use the adapters. I haven't installed them on my '00 Black Beauty yet so it may be different. I will use a clay-type substance to get an accurate measure of space when seated, as I always do for tight spaces involving important "stuff".

Those brackets are probably the cheapest, most satisfying piece I've added to the bike. All these years fiddling with the battery and connecting wires.:homer:    p.s. I'm in the camp that disconnects the battery for charging and everything else. I just don't care to remember what goes where and when and why. ,,, just which terminal comes off - goes on -- first!

• Thanks 3