Which years/models of V11 Sport/Cafe/LeMans had. 6 speed gearbox?

VtwinStorm

13 minutes ago, pete roper said:

Come now! Can you not appreciate it's stainless steel prison toilet chic?

If you want to scream 'Meth head' to the world this, surely this is the ride for you?!

Once upon a time Pete before Political correctness and the "I'm offended by everything" world arrived something like this would never have seen the light of day because your mates down the pub would have told you what a total tosser you were even before you managed to order the materials to build it. It would therefor have remained a nasty unrealised figment of someone's lack of creative style where it deserves to be. 

Now at some coffee shop, the builder would be regaled by a bunch of  Soy Latte sipping, Stoker cap wearing, designer stubble, woke shemen telling them how awesome and "super fantastic" it was going to be.

Ciao   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Once upon a time Pete before Political correctness and the "I'm offended by everything" world arrived something like this would never have seen the light of day because your mates down the pub would have told you what a total tosser you were even before you managed to order the materials to build it. It would therefor have remained a nasty unrealised figment of someone's lack of creative style where it deserves to be. 

Now at some coffee shop, the builder would be regaled by a bunch of  Soy Latte sipping, Stoker cap wearing, designer stubble, woke shemen telling them how awesome and "super fantastic" it was going to be.

Ciao   

Your jib. I like the cut of it.

Bravo, Lucky Phil.

I’m lost for words, what a way to butcher a V11, awful, styled by Lego

B52DF6D9-33C1-42F4-B790-B98ECC33241A.jpeg

• Haha 1

Can you believe they fitted a downdraft Weber carb to this thing with foot long intake runners! God I thought the airbox removal/carb conversion mob we loonies but this has taken it to a new level. Ducati fitted a downdraft Weber to a few models back in the 80's and they never worked worth a damn on a motorcycle and they just gave up trying.

Ciao

3 hours ago, docc said:

I mean, that somehow blends perfectly with a late 50's Edsel  wagon as long as they are matched nose-to-tail . . .

B52DF6D9-33C1-42F4-B790-B98ECC33241A.jpeg

You're being unkind to the Edsel docc.

Ciao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Can you believe they fitted a downdraft Weber carb to this thing with foot long intake runners! God I thought the airbox removal/carb conversion mob we loonies but this has taken it to a new level. Ducati fitted a downdraft Weber to a few models back in the 80's and they never worked worth a damn on a motorcycle and they just gave up trying.

Ciao

I had one of those, unfortunately, about a '93 750 IIRC.  A big flat spot in the carburation at about one-quarter throttle, impossible to bypass no matter how nimble the wrist.  It was reported in the press before I bought the bike, but I naively thought I could deal with it, and the new 900SS I was waiting for turned out to be too ugly to contemplate.  The 16 inch wheels were no blessing as well.  I sold it along with half a dozen Duc singles (mostly desmos, sniff) to a Ducati freak and bought a GSXR750 myself, fifty pounds heavier, but it carbureted smoothly and didn't want to headshake over bumps or flop over at walking speeds.  Only downside was that it redlined at 13,500 rpm and didn't want to make really serious HP until near five figures, though it would happily putt around downtown at only a few thousand rpm.

• Like 1