Sooo, this happened Saturday.

Randy

2 hours ago, docc said:

Sweet! :mg:

Comes with a story?

Sort of.

Owner bought it a couple of months ago but could not sort out missing and stumbling at idle and mid-range. Literally priced at a point that I couldn't pass it up.

Idle was all over the place and it popped and banged like the 4th of July. Started with carb balance and TPS reset, helped until it warmed up and the party resumed. Upped the CO setting, helped short term but still returned. Valves were a little wide but not much.

Finally tried Reset Learning Parameters and she settled down and purred like a kitten (or a tractor). Evidently someone wrote a new map to it and forgot to reset this so it was following its old settings.

Now I've got to go back and tweak the CO setting because I think I've probably got it too rich.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabernet said:

Ooh! That's CARC.

My first single swingarm bike.

Also came with a Rick's customized saddle for it that would probably be good for someone with a 25" inseam (LOL) and a Corbin Gunslinger :D

2 hours ago, Randy said:

Sort of.

Owner bought it a couple of months ago but could not sort out missing and stumbling at idle and mid-range. Literally priced at a point that I couldn't pass it up.

Idle was all over the place and it popped and banged like the 4th of July. Started with carb balance and TPS reset, helped until it warmed up and the party resumed. Upped the CO setting, helped short term but still returned. Valves were a little wide but not much.

Finally tried Reset Learning Parameters and she settled down and purred like a kitten (or a tractor). Evidently someone wrote a new map to it and forgot to reset this so it was following its old settings.

Now I've got to go back and tweak the CO setting because I think I've probably got it too rich.

There is the matter of the Sacred (idle stop) Screw serving an indexing function in this system as opposed to the V11's which is used for "idle adjustment."

That the ECU can "relearn parameters" is based upon that index screw being set to the correct throttle plate angle. If some hairy-arsed knuckle dragger (it wasn't me this time, @pete roper !) arsed with the stop screw, it must correctly be located again for the map to index properly to the throttle openings.

You have guzzidiag, @Randy ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, docc said:

There is the matter of the Sacred (idle stop) Screw serving an indexing function in this system as opposed to the V11's which is used for "idle adjustment."

That the ECU can "relearn parameters" is based upon that index screw being set to the correct throttle plate angle. If some hairy-arsed knuckle dragger (it wasn't me this time, @pete roper !) arsed with the stop screw, it must correctly be located again for the map to index properly to the throttle openings.

You have guzzidiag, @Randy ?

Sacred screw still had paint on it and had not been disturbed. Guzzidiag.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pete roper said:

Swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings will need attention.

Enjoy.

And that piece of crap rear shock. Anyone have a Stelvio shock around they want to get rid of?

12 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

Man, Grisos are just sexy. 

Big jugs, big pipes and an off the shoulder oil cooler, what else could you want?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Randy said:

And that piece of crap rear shock. Anyone have a Stelvio shock around they want to get rid of?

Congrats on the bike. 

As for the shock... does the Griso shock have the same length and travel as the Stelvio? That seems unlikely, but I don't know.

I do know that I am very happy with my Stelvio's stock suspension.