Sooo, this happened Saturday.

Randy

On 8/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, Randy said:

Sort of.

Owner bought it a couple of months ago but could not sort out missing and stumbling at idle and mid-range. Literally priced at a point that I couldn't pass it up.

Idle was all over the place and it popped and banged like the 4th of July. Started with carb balance and TPS reset, helped until it warmed up and the party resumed. Upped the CO setting, helped short term but still returned. Valves were a little wide but not much.

Finally tried Reset Learning Parameters and she settled down and purred like a kitten (or a tractor). Evidently someone wrote a new map to it and forgot to reset this so it was following its old settings.

Now I've got to go back and tweak the CO setting because I think I've probably got it too rich.

The owner will be happy to know the bike is now in tune.... maybe he wants to buy it back from you?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Scud said:

Congrats on the bike. 

As for the shock... does the Griso shock have the same length and travel as the Stelvio? That seems unlikely, but I don't know.

I do know that I am very happy with my Stelvio's stock suspension.

The Stelvio is 10mm longer but folks that have used it on the Griso say that it has actually improved the handling.

16 hours ago, p6x said:

The owner will be happy to know the bike is now in tune.... maybe he wants to buy it back from you?

Not gonna happen. Mine, mine, mine.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, docc said:

Scooting this thread over to "Newer Models" for continued discussion. Congrats on the new girl, @Randy !

[Just waiting for @Randy to check back in before I move the thread.]

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1