V11 Rubber (Tyre Topic)

Guzzimax

23 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Some guys have all the luck. The traditional Guzzi dealer in Seattle retired and closed shop. Unless his employees are now at the two dealers who opened several years later, the new dealerships are hipster types who place the V11 in the late Pleistocene era.

If I were truly lucky, I would have found a minty, low-mile LeMans within 20 miles of my house for $3k from someone who "didn't know what they had"/estate sale...Instead, locally, all I found were V11s beat to hell and back with no care from the owners. Most wanted CLEAN V11 prices for bikes falling apart that needed $2k in work just mechanically. Keep waiting, buddy. I'm sure your sucker will be along any minute now...If I am honest, the two V11s I saw in person were running parts bikes.

Out of almost desperation, I looked nationally to find the cleanest, lowest-mileage V11/LeMans (within my $6k budget), and on faith bought one, over the phone, 1900 miles away. Talk about stupid.

I'm still waiting on the shipper to pull his head out his bottom and get my bike shipped to me. When it arrives, I suspect it will need $1k in tires, fluids, seals, etc. before it is turn-key.

I wish I was a lucky guy. You know who is the lucky guy? The guy with the minty Rosso Mandello in NH. I'd like to be that guy! :lol:

I'd like to get at least one nice, long ride on my V11 before Winter sets in and the bike can't see sunlight until April/May '22...

v2__1631214872_95492.jpg

Edited by VtwinStorm
My V11 Sport

2 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

If I were truly lucky, I would have found a minty, low-mile LeMans within 20 miles of my house for $3k from someone who "didn't know what they had"/estate sale...Instead, locally, all I found were V11s beat to hell and back with no care from the owners. Most wanted CLEAN V11 prices for bikes falling apart that needed $2k in work just mechanically. Keep waiting, buddy. I'm sure your sucker will be along any minute now...If I am honest, the two V11s I saw in person were running parts bikes.

Out of almost desperation, I looked nationally to find the cleanest, lowest-mileage V11/LeMans (within my $6k budget), and on faith bought one, over the phone, 1900 miles away. Talk about stupid.

I'm still waiting on the shipper to pull his head out his bottom and get my bike shipped to me. When it arrives, I suspect it will need $1k in tires, fluids, seals, etc. before it is turn-key.

I wish I was a lucky guy. You know who is the lucky guy? The guy with the minty Rosso Mandello in NH. I'd like to be that guy! :lol:

I'd like to get at least one nice, long ride on my V11 before Winter sets in and the bike can't see sunlight until April/May '22...

v2__1631214872_95492.jpg

Your bike is the closest thing I've seen to your requirements, 'for sale' for quite some time. As far as your shipper, don't know who it is but even 'Haul Bikes', who I've had experience, juggles drivers like a roulette wheel to get one to pick the thing up. I had one whine to me on the phone about a pick up on a Saturday "everybody want's Saturday"... I'm like, yeah. From scheduling, it was over 3 weeks to pick up.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

As I remember, you didn't even give the Mighty Scura a second look. You could have had one of the best V11s in the country.. :huh2:

I had a budget of money and miles, my friend.

21 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Your bike is the closest thing I've seen to your requirements, 'for sale' for quite some time. As far as your shipper, don't know who it is but even 'Haul Bikes', who I've had experience, juggles drivers like a roulette wheel to get one to pick the thing up. I had one whine to me on the phone about a pick up on a Saturday "everybody want's Saturday"... I'm like, yeah. From scheduling, it was over 3 weeks to pick up.

I am learning this now. 1 week, no word on the company or pickup date...not cool guys.

1 hour ago, VtwinStorm said:

I had a budget of money and miles, my friend.

But.. but.. does yours have a genuine Pete Roper rubber chicken?

I thought not.. (shuffling off)

:rasta:

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Wait, wait  . . . I thought that was  a genuine Chuck-chicken. You are saying this was part and parcel of the P.Roper Mighty Scura upon your acquisition?

23 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Guess I'll have to do without. 😂

2 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

I am learning this now. 1 week, no word on the company or pickup date...not cool guys.

Don't feel bad...

I had the same deal as you did...

And... I purchased the bike in December 2020, went to pick it up in April 2021.... one way plane ticket to Pensacola, Taxi to the dealership...

Odometer not working, back to Pensacola.... Night at Hotel, plane back to Houston.

Will send the bike to you.

Two weeks later, still now word of when....

But I am old and patient... of course the sales guy had assured me the bike was ready for the trip to Houston.... only they never even rode it when they took it on consignment...

Sorry.... we did not know!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, p6x said:

Don't feel bad...

I had the same deal as you did...

And... I purchased the bike in December 2020, went to pick it up in April 2021.... one way plane ticket to Pensacola, Taxi to the dealership...

Odometer not working, back to Pensacola.... Night at Hotel, plane back to Houston.

Will send the bike to you.

Two weeks later, still now word of when....

But I am old and patient... of course the sales guy had assured me the bike was ready for the trip to Houston.... only they never even rode it when they took it on consignment...

Sorry.... we did not know!

The only thing more messed up would be if the engine was seized. 

"Sorry, AS-IS."

Just now, VtwinStorm said:

The only thing more messed up would be if the engine was seized. 

"Sorry, AS-IS."

Well, the Pensacola bois pulled that one on me too....

See, I trusted them, so I signed all the paperwork BEFORE even riding the bike. I got there, saw the bike, signed, the "as is", and went on to find out the odometer did not work.

According to Florida's law, I had a shot at cancelling the transaction. Despite the "no warranty" since they sold me the bike with a defect which they failed to disclose.

All the assurance the bike was in complete working order was on email. Hence, one of the reason I always recommend to negotiate in writing, not by phone.

I still spent about $400 to fix the ITI/Hur...

At least I got a video of the engine running, before I closed the deal.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, p6x said:

Well, the Pensacola bois pulled that one on me too....

See, I trusted them, so I signed all the paperwork BEFORE even riding the bike. I got there, saw the bike, signed, the "as is", and went on to find out the odometer did not work.

According to Florida's law, I had a shot at cancelling the transaction. Despite the "no warranty" since they sold me the bike with a defect which they failed to disclose.

All the assurance the bike was in complete working order was on email. Hence, one of the reason I always recommend to negotiate in writing, not by phone.

I still spent about $400 to fix the ITI/Hur...

At least I got a video of the engine running, before I closed the deal.

Likewise. Got a startup video. No smoke, ran and idled like a champ.

Took a leap of faith, as I said.

At least cosmetics will not need any attention to bring the bike's dignity to where a Guzzi truly belongs. Bike is a 9.5/10... Looks nearly new.

• Like 1