So, is this a spine frame hybrid?

Kane

Just looking at it, appears to to be just another old spine frame.

Now ...everything else that is bolted to it is a work of art.

drool material for sure

I would be curious to know why its gone through 2 clutches.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, andy york said:

Just looking at it, appears to to be just another old spine frame.

Now ...everything else that is bolted to it is a work of art.

drool material for sure

I would be curious to know why its gone through 2 clutches.

More curious about 3 clutches  :rasta:  track was mentioned.  Curious ready bike $$$$.   

Cheers Tom.

Gorgeous... now that’s an upgrade kit fit for refining the V11 base!

Wow - wouldn’t it be incredibly interesting to see it in action pitted against the Guareschi Carc kit GCorse Varano!!

Pwhoarrr! Guzzi Power!

Heart... or... Head?

Excruciating!!

I far prefer the Guareschi Corse, to my eye it's more innovative, the frame appears to have a Ducati influence and is more original in its appraoch

Gorgeous as the Monza is Ghezzi and Brian have been producing this style for a long time, right back to MGS-01 which one of them was invovled with.

At its heart its a Sporti with a VERY expensive list of farkles. I'm sure a standard sport wouldn't have a chance against it, but IMHO it's really not that ground breaking 

Don't get me wrong sure I like and would love to have one, but given what it's going to cost I'd purchase the Guareschi.

• Like 2

Yeah but... no, you’re not wrong Weegie, I too absolutely love the Guareschi Varano - it clearly shows a high water mark of what can be, should’ve been achieved for a factory LeMans sport bike.

Trouble is, with the Griso model - whilst it initially caught my imagination on it’s launch - on reflection there truly was only one pic colour/angle which did that!

ED7E4A7B-77C9-40B1-8D42-041DC1E3112A.jpeg

On that one image alone I was first attracted - & then later on I had the opportunity for a 8v test ride...

I actually really tried hard to convince myself it was more fun to ride than my V11 Scura R. I really did!

But... it just wasn’t.

Emotionally benign, lacking the raw engagement of the V11 for me by comparison.

Just felt... somewhat fat & stubby really! Bars out like a Quota - too wide.

Carc lays like some bulky sun-greyed Great Dane turd, a bit plasticky - more a quirky mashup of odd elements - rather than the aesthetic Marabese presentation of cohesive, balanced design clearly apparent in the V11.

(only imo of course)

19 hours ago, Weegie said:

Gorgeous as the Monza is Ghezzi and Brian have been producing this style for a long time

Yes, that’s true.

But time struggles to dim any of its freshness ie., G&B fairing is as equally modern as any Panagale!

Still would interesting to see a face-off. Of course, I’d be happy with either kit!

From factory? I be like Ahab...

• Like 3

@ScuRoo I bow to your greater experience as I've never thrown a leg over a Griso let alone had a test ride.

Of the 2 Guzzis I have experience with, a Sporti and a HiCam, I prefer the HiCam and find it more fun. God knows it has lots of issues, but on the road it's really engaging it feels like it wants to rev and rev and just go. The Sporti is a huge amount of fun too, less revy, a little more torquey. Both bikes have very similar DNA. The Sporti has a lot less issues and is by far the easier to live with of the two

IMHO not that I'm fit to judge as my skills are shit and granny's are usually behind me flashing to get by, the HiCam edges it, but both these bikes, although much slower and less capable than my Ducati 1098, are much more fun to ride.

I'd be delighted to throw a leg over either a G&B or a Guareschi let alone get a test ride.

Both houses deserve praise, long may both flourish as Piaggo don't seem to be interested, I can understand that these machines are very niche.

Apologies for the Off Topic comments

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree with Pete Roper about the 8V’s. Elsewhere on another forum I’ve just written a comparison between my Greenie, Griso 8V and Yamaha MT01. I love V11’s - I’ve currently got five of them, everything from a Greenie to a Rosso Corsa, but IMHO the Griso 8V raises the bar. When the 4V motor has run out of puff and fells revved out, the 8V just keeps on pulling & pulling; the Griso’s frame also feels rock solid, and when riding hard on a twisting B road the red frame starts to feel “edgy”, the Griso feels more planted. I can’t disagree that aesthetically there still isn’t much to challenge the cohesion of the V11s looks, but I’d encourage anyone to try a properly mapped 8V, as an old school air cooled V twin it’s about as good as it gets

ECE173BB-A260-4E30-807D-3B3D4B45B527.jpeg

• Like 2